If you’re looking for the next step in your career in health care, you’ve just discovered it.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and motivated Nurse to join our dynamic and supportive multi-disciplinary team providing care, support and education to children and young people within the Stanmore House School campus.
About the Role
We are currently looking to recruit a Nurse to join our Allied Health Team at Stanmore. You will be required to work as part of a wider team within both care and educational settings to support our young people with a variety of health care needs. Your primary role as a Nurse within the team is to coordinate and provide for individual health needs in order to enable and maximise the experiences we provide to our young people.
To meet the needs of the children and young people in our care, nursing is arranged in rotational shifts covering 24 hours, 7 days per week.
As part of our commitment to equal pay - the salary offered is set and advertised in every advert. Terms and conditions are agreed collectively and are not individually negotiated.
You will have a suitable qualification in Nursing and will be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council. You will have proven post-qualification experience in working with people with learning and physical disabilities with associated complex health needs but preferably working with children and young people.
You will have a holistic approach to nursing and proven skills in:
- Supporting people with epilepsy
- Administering of emergency medication
- Supporting clients with enteral feeding
- Prioritising work and taking the lead in the event of an emergency situation
- Effective organisation and communication
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Basic IT
Working with Capability Scotland brings you lots of benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent annual leave of 32 days per year, increasing with service
- Generous and enhanced pension schemes and family benefits
- As a member of our autoenrollment pension scheme, £10,000 provided in the case of Death in Service
- Flexible working is available
- Access to shopping discounts through the Perks At Work scheme
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Free PVG checks throughout your career.
Applying to Capability Scotland
Applying to work with us couldn’t be simpler. Please visit our website. On our website we’ve got an application form that starts by pressing “Apply Now”, and it works perfectly on your mobile phone if you prefer that. You can request any alternative formats of our application form by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org (such as large print or braille).
You’ll then hear from us within three weeks of the noted closing date. We’ll invite successful candidates to an interview so we can learn more about what makes each other tick, in a safe and secure way. You can keep a track of your application in your profile management settings.
A full job description of this role is available by clicking here: Nurse
For more information on this role, you can call Fiona on 01555 665041 ext. 2303 using reference CS210405.
- Capability Scotland is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity. We are happy to consider job-share applications.
- Capability Scotland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people and conducts thorough pre-employment checks on all preferred candidates.
- A copy of Capability Scotland’s Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request from the HR Team.