We currently have an opportunity for a Facilities & Helpdesk Assistant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Receive and log tracked deliveries clearly on a form and perform security checks when necessary.
- Involves operating an X-Ray scanner – training will be provided.
- Sort and distribute newspapers to various departments.
- Process internal mail accurately for distribution within the main site and other sites/assets.
- Carry out scheduled mail runs every day around the main site.
- Process mail for offshore assets, perform security checks and maintain clear and accurate logs of mail sent.
- Contact personnel to collect tracked mail and packages in a timely manner.
- Process outgoing mail in a timely and accurate manner. This involves:
- Operating a franking machine.
- Record outgoing tracked mail written in a clear and accurate manner.
- Distribute paper stock to photocopiers around the sites when required.
- Provide holiday cover for facilities personnel when required. Training will be provided.
- Managing helpdesk requests / inbox.
- Logging jobs & requests on the system.
- Booking meeting rooms.
- Assist with any other duties as required / requested by Line Manager
- Comply with all Sodexo Company policies/procedures and client site rules and regulations
- Participate in any necessary training and team meetings as required to complete job responsibilities to the Company and client’s standards
The Ideal Candidate
- Polite with good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong IT skills, competent with all Microsoft packages (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Operating a printer/laminator, training will be provided.
- A conscientious approach to safety.
- The job will involve lifting heavy packages (up to 25kg).
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team and on own initiative
- Flexible approach
Permanent position for successful candidate
Sodexo rewards & benefits
Free staff bus (Aberdeen City Centre-Westhill)
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (); employee engagement and recognition services () and through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process