Warm, friendly, and share our values of ensuring the best lives possible for everyone? Raise your hand if that’s you.
Youthzone provides playful, fun and engaging weekend respite sessions for disabled young people aged between10-16 years old. The aim of the service is to support the young people to develop their self-help skills and social skills as well as building a social/peer group whilst giving their parents some weekend respite. The young people can participate in a range of activities including arts and crafts, cooking, trampolining, puzzles, basketball, outings and many more. Activities are based on young people’s interests and the young people are encouraged to let us know what they would be interested in trying the next time they attend the service.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic person. We encourage individuals to find a path for their dreams and aspirations.
As a Support Worker, you will be a key member of the team, providing:
- High standards of support to our customers
- A creative and caring approach
- Opportunities to build strong relationships with our customers, their families and other supporting professionals
- Encouragement and support to live as independently as possible
- Participation in activities is a key tasks for the role, so energy and initiative is vital.
While experience is great, we are really looking for people with the right values. You should have excellent communication skills and be flexible and empathetic.
It is a relief post (minimum 1 Saturday per month @ 4.5 hours).
Working with Capability Scotland brings you lots of benefits:
- £9.66 per hour
- Fully paid, sector-leading learning and development
- Fully funded SVQ placement – a qualification which is yours for life
- Excellent annual leave of 32 days per year, increasing with service
- Generous and enhanced pension schemes and family benefits
- As a member of our autoenrollment pension scheme, £10,000 provided in the case of Death in Service
- Flexible working is available
- Access to shopping discounts through the Perks At Work scheme
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Free PVG checks throughout your career.
Applying to Capability Scotland
Applying to join our family is easy. Please visit our website. On our website at the bottom of the advert, you can submit your CV and a covering letter directly to our hiring service. You’ll then hear from us within three weeks of the noted closing date. We’ll invite successful candidates to an interview so we can learn more about what makes each other tick, in a safe and secure way.
You can keep a track of your application in your profile management settings.
A full job description of this role is available by clicking here: Support Worker (Children)
For more information on this role, you can call Lauren on 07739195692 using reference CS210803.
- Capability Scotland is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity. We are happy to consider job-share applications.
- Capability Scotland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people and conducts thorough pre-employment checks on all preferred candidates.
- A copy of Capability Scotland’s Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request from the HR Team.