We operate from several locations throughout the UK and have strategically positioned ourselves near to major cities, which allows quicker and easier access to customers and major transports route. These include:
West Highland (Corpach/Fort William, Kyle, Mallaig & Kishorn)
North Highland (Inverness, Invergordon & Boat of Garten)
Central Scotland (Grangemouth, Methil)
- To drive HGV1 Vehicles and other Company Vehicles as necessary according to licence provision
- To drive HGV1 vehicles with attachment trailers when necessary: attachments to include: Flatbeds, curtain siders, low loaders, tanker trailers, forestry pin trailers
- To maintain and update training to drive artic and rigid vehicles to comply with Company needs and legislation and to be available for training which may also be at weekends and mat on occasions be on employees own time
- To load with care, general cargo including forestry products, round wood (as per round wood Code of Practice and Company Handbook), fertiliser, concrete products, steel and paper products and any other cargo required
- To ensure safe and secure loading of cargo at commencement and throughout duration of the journey to off-loading cargo
- To ensure safety of other employees and members of the Public when travelling with cargo
- To undertake to complete all necessary daily checks/records and proper use of tacho cards when carrying cargo on Company business and fill in appropriate paperwork correctly
Our drivers are required to have the following skills and attributes:
- HGV Class 1, C+E driving licence and previous general haulage driving experience
- Ensuring safe and secure loading of cargo at all times
- To undertake to complete all necessary daily checks / records and complete the appropriate paperwork as required
- ADR licence is an advantage, however not essential
- We invite applications from C LVG licence holders looking to progress to C+E
In return we offer:
- Flexible working patterns
- Bases in a variety of locations across Scotland and the North of England
- Competitive hourly rates of pay, basic and overtime, plus weekend allowance
- Aggregated holiday pay
- Additional holidays after 5 years of service
- Length of service loyalty payments
- Modern fleet of vehicles which are maintained to the highest standards
- The opportunity to work in some of the most scenic areas of Scotland that people pay to visit!
General haulage rates of pay - £11.25 per hour basic & £13.30 hour overtime [overtime rate is paid for over 8 hours per day or 40 hours per week]
ADR rates of pay - £11.75 per hour basic & £13.80 per hour overtime.
Weekend supplements in place, plus overnight subsistence of £26 per night out.
For more information or to apply, please submit your cv or contact our HR department on 01397 773840
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.