VSA have an exciting opportunity available to join our Broomhill Park Service (Housing with Support/Care at Home) as a Manager based in Aberdeen. This will be a full-time permanent position and in return, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits.
Broomhill Park is one of our Assisted Living Communities, which supports people to maintain a level of independence, and live life to the fullest in a safe environment with access to care and support when they need it.
Our services are designed to provide people with their own apartment and living space within a safe and secure environment.
We offer our Manager fantastic benefits including:
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Holidays
- Sick Pay Scheme
- NEST Pension Scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Ongoing professional development
About the role:
As a Manager of this busy service you will be required to provide a quality service in order to meet the identified needs of service users, in line with specified VSA standards, policies, codes of practice and regulatory requirements, managing resources effectively within an agreed financial framework.
Responsibilities of our Manager will include:
- Developing and using systems to communicate, record, and report
- Overseeing the communication systems and processes needed to enhance and develop the work of staff teams and address the needs of service users
- Developing, maintaining and evaluating systems to promote the rights and responsibilities of service users, ensuring that practice is non-discriminatory and that service users’ personal beliefs and preferences are appropriately acknowledged
- Ensuring that practices are in place to encourage and facilitate service users to participate in social activities, develop social networks, access services and facilities, and to live as independently as possible
- Developing and maintaining healthy and safe practices in the workplace through the effective implementation and monitoring of risk assessment procedures
- Monitoring the development, implementation and review of personal plans with service users, ensuring that their needs and preferences are met
- Ensuring that services are designed, delivered, and reviewed to promote the best possible outcomes for individual service users
- Ensuring that procedures are in place to support service users and staff appropriately when experiencing a significant life change or loss
- Identifying staffing requirements in relation to operational objectives and budgetary requirements, establishing procedures to ensure that staffing cover is maintained at appropriate levels to meet regulatory requirements
- Overseeing and participating in the selection and recruitment of staff, identifying job and person requirements, in accordance with specified standards and procedures
- Ensuring that staff performance is assessed and conveyed to individuals and teams in accordance with VSA’s appraisal/supervision procedures and, where appropriate, shortcomings are addressed with reference to agreed procedures
- Managing the use of financial resources within the Home, controlling expenditure against budgets and making recommendations for expenditure
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with regulatory bodies (Care Inspectorate) to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and codes of practice. Reporting any alleged or actual breaches of practice to the necessary bodies following both VSA and regulatory guidelines
- Establishing and maintaining robust internal control systems within your areas of responsibility to facilitate improvement in the quality of service provided
What we are looking for in our Manager:
- SVQ 3 in Social Services and Healthcare at SCQF level 7 (or acceptable equivalent qualification)
- A Professional Development Award in Supervision
- Registration with SSSC and required qualification or hold registration with other professional body
- Experience of managing within a care home or housing with a support setting
If our Manager role sounds like you, then click “Apply” below and start your career journey with VSA today!
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.