Marine Operative (Casual)
Location: Loch Striven
Salary: £9.51 - £10.76 per hour, dependent on experience
Why work with us?
- £150 million turnover
- 650 + employees
- We sell to over 26 countries around the world
- We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
- Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to Scotland, our industry and employees.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a challenging workplace, look no further…
Due to significant investment within the company we are looking to recruit a casual Marine Operative to work as directed by the Marine Site Manager in the day to day operations in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Feeding & movement of feed
- Sea lice identification and reporting
- Sampling, weighing and grading of fish
- Disease and parasite control
- Site maintenance including net changing etc.
- Boat handling
- Stock movements
- Interest in aquaculture and fish husbandry
- Full clean driver’s license
- Ideally have experience of working within the marine industry
- Follows safe working practices
- Ability to understand site KPI’s and supports the site team
- Experience of working on and around boats
In return we offer over 15 employee benefits, including:
- x1.5 or x2 time for premium overtime rates
- Competitive salary package
- Market leading pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discount scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Critical Illness Cover – also for Spouse or Partner
- Occupational Health Service
- Professional Development Opportunities
How to Apply:
Please complete and fill out the Application Form available on our website and send to email@example.com
Friday 10th September 2021