To assist the Workshop Manager in overseeing the daily management of the workshops and yard facilities at Ardfern Yacht Centre; to ensure their safe and profitable operations, and to maintaining and improving the company’s reputation for high quality workmanship and customer service.
· Effective and efficient management of personal time to ensure all aspects of the Assistants Workshop Managers responsibilities are achieved while providing the Workshop Manager with adequate support.
· Deal with customer enquiries in a timely, polite and courteous manner, whether by phone, email, or in person. These include work requests, updates on progress, and general enquiries.
· To actively seek and generate work for all workshop disciplines.
· To collect and input daily timesheets and update weekly hours. To collect and input workshop materials booking out sheets on a weekly basis.
· To develop and maintain data records, including photographic records, on boats and user manuals for machinery and tools
· Maintain the stock of tools and parts for AYC use. Maintain and update special order parts booked to boats until ready for fitting. Source and order special order parts as required
· To deal with all aspects of sub contracted work to Owen Sails and Ocean Safety, to include, booking work, collection and return of items for service, input of detail from contractors invoices and preparation of AYC invoices.
· Invoicing of standard jobs.
· Compile and input standard winter maintenance jobs in conjunction with the Workshop Manager.
· Assist in overseeing workshop jobs and daily organisation of workshop staff, ensuring work is carried out in an efficient and safe manner. With particular regard to recommissioning, including mast wiring, antifouling and polishing, and to decommissioning including heaters and dehumidifiers, and winter servicing.
· Individually project manage customers requiring multiple jobs and regular progress updates.
· To assist the Workshop Manager produce estimates, and then oversee the work and invoice the completed jobs.
· Manage and collate slip and launch schedule, with particular regard to spring and autumn schedules, in conjunction with the Workshop manager.
· Actively working with the other management staff to expand upon the company’s current Health and Safety policies and implementation of new working practices as required for these polices to be fulfilled.
· To carry out regular ladder checks, lifejacket tests, PPE checks, fire alarm tests and update records as required.
· To manage a stock of workshop and yard photographs and publish suitable content onto our social media channels with other members of the management team, to promote the work carried out by the workshop and yard team and to maintain the reputation of the business.
· Liaising with other members of the management team to ensure adequate staff cover at all levels is provided at all times particularly over weekends and holiday periods.
· To develop and maintain the company handbook.
· To carry out induction of new members of staff.
· To assist with workshop stock taking.
· To assist in the yard as required.
· To oversee Workshop Managers duties during holiday periods.
· To participate in regular management meetings with other members of the management team.
These duties will be reviewed periodically and amended according to the needs of the business and progression of the role.
The successful applicant should be familiar with the basics of boating and will assist the Workshop Manager in continuing to provide the high level of service currently offered to customers in our busy boat maintenance and repair workshop. Previous workshop or engineering experience would be an advantage, but not essential as training can be given.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.