To ensure the prompt and efficient preparation and service of all meals to the company’s standard and to the client’s satisfaction and maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene of the Unit to the required standard in the Service Level Agreement.
- Collation of patient orders using an electronic ordering system
- Preparation of food to appropriate standards, accounting for any specific dietary requirements.
- Serving of food via the “belt” ensuring requested items are provided to patient.
- Cleaning of all equipment using appropriate materials to ensure a high standard of cleanliness
- Delivery of food to wards via Wessex vehicles
- Any other reasonable request including cover for retail staff as appropriate
- Collection and washing up of dirty crockery, cutlery and service utensils
- Safe use of industrial catering equipment
- Decanting and labelling food items
- Recording of temperatures and corrective actions in accordance with company policy
- Stock rotation
- Complete monthly mandatory training in line with the role
- Carry out any additional duties required by line manager due to business demands
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience with food handling ideally gained in a similar environment
- Knowledge of best practice in relation to cleaning
- Basic Food Hygiene
- Excellent customer service skills, able to interact effectively with patients when required and present a positive impression of Sodexo.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.