One of the family...
The clue is in the name. We’re a family business through and through – family owned, family run, with a warm family welcome for guests and team alike. Our seven hotels are unique and set in three stunning Scottish locations. Some are big, some are small and all offer good food & drink, great beds and a ton of outdoor and indoor things to do and a fun place to work.
The Isles of Glencoe Hotel
The Isles of Glencoe Hotel is in a spectacular spot. A place where our guests come to explore but also kick back and soak up our service, food, drink and spectacular views. Our team also know a thing or two about the area as they’ve scaled mountains, explored lochs and found some much-loved spots to explore.
About the role
You’ll train and motivate our team of chefs - have an eye for quality, consistency and portion control. A great coach, mentor and communicator, you’ll pass on your passion and knowledge of food to the team and be able to step up and lead the team in the Head Chef’s absence.
You’ll also build good relationships with the front of house team to make sure our guests get an exceptional customer experience.
What we need from you:
- Sous Chef Experience – in similar 4 or 5 star setting
- Leadership – a natural leader- we want happy, confident, motivated teams
- Passion – an obvious enthusiasm for Scottish Food produce and menu development
- Business Acumen – you’ll understand GP and manage budgets
- Standards – the serious bit…you’ll have a good knowledge of Health and Safety
- Creativity - we want you to bring your flair and individuality to the table
- Team focus – there are no egos here, just hard-working people who love creating memorable experiences for every guest
- Ideas and openness – we’re up for doing things differently and will try (almost) everything once
- Fun and easy to talk to – we’re looking for personality, not a corporate clone
- Flexibility – there’s no problem you can’t fix
What you'll get from us
- The chance to work in a friendly, forward thinking company with investment as a priority.
- Great benefits – including pension, and discounts on leisure membership, food and hotel stays
- Live in accommodation may be available
- Uniform – We’ll provide full uniform
chef, leadership, health & safety