"Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for".
Location: Various locations in Aberdeen
The Aberdeen City Health & Social Care Partnership (ACHSCP) are a caring partnership working together with our communities to enable people to achieve fulfilling and healthier lives. We are looking to invest in highly motivated individuals who can take us forward on our journey to embed our vision and support people in our communities to be independent and resilient. As part of our ongoing recruitment drive, we are looking for skilled workers with a social work background to embark upon an exciting journey within our service.
We have a range of social work roles across adult services, with permanent and fixed term positions available and we have opportunities in mental health, older adults and learning disabilities.
We value flexibility, adaptability & commitment. Successful candidates will join a team of individuals open to change & innovation as we strive to strengthen Social Work services in Aberdeen.
To deliver a statutory social work service by working as part of a Social Work team.
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
- Ordinary/ Standard Grade English or equivalent
- Registration with SSSC where applicable and/or willingness to attain within a specified timescale
- Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme Record (PVG)
The post holder will be expected to:
- Work in accordance with guidance issued by Scottish Government
- Work in accordance with Adult, Child and Public Protection principles and procedures
- Work at alternative locations as required
- Lone working/travelling
- Adhere to the requirements of the SSSC Code of Practice, council policy and procedures and health and safety policies and legislation
- Maintain SSSC registration
The post holder is expected to demonstrate:
- The ability to work in partnership with stakeholders; wide range of professionals, service users and carers
- Ability to make decisions and take responsibility for own practice, seeking advice and support as necessary
- The ability to support people who may present with a range of challenging behaviours
- Ability to work independently and contribute to working as a team
- Ability to manage conflicting demands, priorities and deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with service users, their families and other stakeholders
- Good practice; recognising support needs, promoting dignity, respect, independent living and exhibit unconditional positive regard
- Advocate on behalf of service users by ensuring that their views are taken into account and that their rights are promoted and protected
- The ability to produce high quality written reports
- The ability to operate as a member of a team
- The ability to attend and participate in staff meetings, supervision, performance reviews and development and in developing team plans
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good ICT skills
Please see Job Profile for further details.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs