Business & Improvement Officer - Fixed Term until 30/09/2023 - PKC07722
£37,559 - £40,487
Pullar House, Perth
The Communities Business Improvement Team are looking for an enthusiastic and customer focused individual for this role, providing project management and information support across a varied range of activities and systems. The Team is high performing, innovative and constantly looking to challenge the status quo and do things better. This role is to support the Team with project management support across the Service. It is expected that the successful candidate will undertake immediate inhouse training and the highly regarded PRINCE 2 project management Course if the qualification is not already held.
This role involves using a variety of Information Technology including performance management systems, excel and SharePoint. The successful candidate will support the various Divisions by providing comprehensive project management support including writing high-level highlight reports detailing project progress and performance. The role also includes collecting data and providing analysis.
The successful postholder will predominantly be working remotely but digitally connected to the Team, the successful postholder must have the ability to work Independently to achieve desired productivity. To support teams and services throughout the 5 Divisions of Communities in improving the way that they work and service provided to clients/customers.
Are you an innovative, confident, enthusiastic, hardworking individual with a desire to improve services for customers? Do you have excellent communication skills? Do you have the skills and knowledge to work with a number of stakeholders to collect information, analyse data and challenge information and processes in an already high performing Council Service?
The successful candidate will be expected to: -
- Provide advice and guidance using PRINCE2, and AGILE methodologies and other improvement programmes
- Provide business and change analysis expertise, identifying and defining solutions that will lead to transformational change
- Carry out the role of Project Manager for Business and Improvement initiatives by producing/contributing to the development of business cases, improvement plans, Project Initiation Documents (PIDs) and ensuring projects are delivered on time and within the allocated resource.
- Ensure project methodologies and governance are applied for all formulated projects and include identification of risk, assessment of recourse/budget requirements
- Ensure that systems are in place to identify, monitor and track benefits arising from business improvement initiatives
- Responsible for the collection and analysis of performance information for a number of stakeholders
- Provide support and co-ordination of the services input to the Corporate Plan, The Offer and the Service’s Business Management & Improvement Plan (BMIP).
- Support services with the preparation and implementation of various performance frameworks, preparing and analysing statistical information to support operational and strategic decision making.
- Analyse and review data to produce reports outlining progress and recommendations for Senior Management Team (SMT), individual service management teams and committee.
- Support Service Managers and Team Leaders in the delivery of Business and Improvement by carrying out business process re-engineering through process mapping analysis, consultation and data collection.
- Design, develop and deliver presentations and materials at SMT, projects boards, seminars and workshops.
- Proactively maintain an up-to-date awareness of the relevant legislative and regulatory changes which affect and impact on service delivery.
Further informtion is contained in the full Job Description.
If you have the skills and knowledge to improve performance and processes, ultimately for the benefit of customers, then we look forward to receiving your application.
If you would like any more information regarding this vacancy, please contact Connor Wilson, by email at Connorwilson@pkc.gov.uk .
When completing your application for this post, please ensure you provide contact details (including e-mail addresses) for two referees. One should be your current or most recent employer.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Facilities are available at all public libraries in Perth and Kinross. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please call 01738 475555 to discuss.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.
Some jobs may have been traditionally carried out predominately by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, irrespective of your gender.
Perth & Kinross Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel/reservists. Many of the skills picked up during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government.
Find out more about working for Perth & Kinross Council and living in one of the most scenic areas of Scotland here.