Bishopbriggs Academy is a highly achieving and well respected school situated in East Dunbartonshire. The school has a current roll of just over 1200 pupils. Bishopbriggs Academy has excellent links with all associated primary schools.
Applicants for the above post should be able to demonstrate the necessary skills and experience to take the school forward within the context of one of Scotland’s highest performing local authorities.
You will be a highly organised, values-driven leader who is motivated, and ambitious for the success of all young people. You will have a proven track record of delivering success in school leadership demonstrating the necessary skills to provide excellence in leadership for the next phase of the school's improvement journey.
The successful candidate will have the necessary characteristics to work in a high-paced, challenging environment where innovation, commitment and inclusive practices are expected.
WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION NO LATER THAN 21.00 HOURS ON THE CLOSING DATE
Please note you will be asked to provide the names of two referees when you apply for this post, these are not required.
Interviews will take place soon after the closing date. Successful candidates will be notified as soon as possible.
A Head Teacher report should be submitted to Greg Bremner prior to the closing date:
or mail to:
Mr Greg Bremner
Interim Chief Education Officer
12 Strathkelvin Place
FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN APPLICATION BEING EXCLUDED FROM SHORTLEETING.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.