About Aggreko plc:
Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed. That’s why at Aggreko, we work ‘round the clock, making sure our customers get the electricity, heating and cooling they need, whenever they need it – all powered by our trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge. From urban development to unique commercial projects and even humanitarian emergencies, we bring our expertise and equipment to any location, from the world’s busiest cities to some of the most remote places on earth. Every project is different, so we listen first and design a system supported by our service anywhere, to any scale. Transforming the lives and livelihoods of individuals, organisations and communities across the globe.
Purpose of the Job:
- The Solar PV Product Manager will own the business strategy behind Solar PV systems in Aggreko, specify our Solar PV systems product requirements, and manage the technical and commercial performance of the Solar PV product line.
- He/She defines the potential market opportunities, the value proposition, competitive positioning and provide initial volume forecasting of new products. He/She defines the business case and bring stakeholder alignment to the need for a New Product Introduction programme to be executed.
- They will own and manage the product roadmap to allow for the alignment of business resources and customer expectations.
Job Accountabilities/Key Responsibilities
- Product Development Collaboration
- Provide expert input and lead reviews of technical feasibility for market applications with Engineering teams, including identification of technical risk factors, competitor products and potential collaborators and partners.
- Develop Product Requirements Document, expected Product Cost, and go-to-market plans in conjunction with Direct Sales team as necessary.
- Coordinate with Sales Engineering to provide commercial and customer feedback to technical teams, in parallel with communicating Engineering innovations & ideas to commercial team
- Commercial Insight and Support
- Liaise with Sales Engineering and Direct Sales via Commercial team to ensure that price representation to customers is in line with customer valuation of product benefits
- Liaise with Commercial teams to ensure that product cost targets can be established and verified
- Ensure proper product introduction into the market
- Market Analysis/Roadmap
- Develop Solar PV Product Strategy and Roadmap in collaboration with Commercial and Product Marketing advising on key drivers and industry-influencers in target markets.
- Analyse and report on alignment of sales pipeline with AMSS product portfolio based on input from the commercial team (sales pipeline, win/loss analysis etc.) to allow for field trial, pilot site and initial deployment planning
- Overall responsibilities
- Identify and drive iterative improvements to the established Solar PV product designs
- Work cross functionally with Engineering, Operations, Sales and Marketing to ensure product readiness including production, operational and sales/commercial readiness.
Person Specification/Job Requirements
- MBA would be an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related quantitative discipline
- Strong technical knowledge of Solar PV Systems. At least 3 years of experience in the Solar PV market or technology
- Experience of a product development leadership role in a commercially demanding environment would be an advantage
- An excellent leader who can “sell” an inspirational vision that motivates and gets the best of out of people.
- Highly committed and goal driven manager who takes personal ownership of the objectives for their team.
- Effective communicator with proven business planning/process-driven skillset to manage complex product lifecycles across multiple teams and decision-makers
- Demonstrated critical-thinking and ability to define and solve problems
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to quickly recognise critical issues and address
- Good planning and organisational skills.
We’re the people who use our big boxes to make a massive difference. We believe in the positive impact of power and the ability to control temperature. We believe what we do opens up opportunity and creates potential for individuals, communities, industries and societies over the world. We believe when we work together we can do anything. We believe in the power of our team. We’re the people who keep the lights on. And we recruit the best talent, too.
Our four values help us get even better at what we do. It’s the Aggreko way of working – we call it Always Orange.
Always Orange means:
Being dynamic: We’re nimble and are always ready to react to an ever changing world.
Being expert: We know our stuff, we’re great under pressure and we thrive in our busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We use our experience to make a difference. We know how to challenge and we have the courage of our convictions.
Being together: We play for Team Aggreko and value the expertise of everyone around us. We’re accountable and we hold others to account.
Being innovative: We never miss an opportunity to learn, to look out, or to be better.
Aggreko is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment that allows each employee to be their best based upon their merit, talent and aspiration. We do not discriminate, and we abide by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.