Sector: Hospitality / Leisure
Location: Fort William, Lochaber, West Highlands of Scotland
Hours of work: 40 hours a week (to include some evenings and weekends). All year round job.
Salary: £27,000 plus discretionary bonus to be paid after one year full service.
Directly reports to: General Manager
Contact: Caroline Knox, General Manager
After a busy, challenging and successful first year, we are looking for an experienced hospitality manager to run our Front of House operations.
The successful candidate will have a proven ability to lead, inspire, motivate and develop a team of over 15 staff across a busy, vibrant and diverse hospitality business. Experience in restaurant and cocktail bar management would be advantageous.
You will work closely with our existing management team and the company Chairman to help maintain and improve all aspects of our Front of House operation.
To lead and manage the Highland Cinema Front of House crew in its entirety, including reviewing and improving service delivery standards, undertaking staff training, creating staff rotas and implementing / maintaining systems that ensure the highest levels of customer service. To help grow the business of the Highland Cinema and Café Bar (including the cinema Box Office), and to ensure that every customer has the most positive visitor experience possible.
Duties and responsibilities
• To lead and motivate the Front of House crew of 15+, including supervisors in the bar, kiosk and floor areas, helping the team to achieve their full potential while promoting a happy work environment.
• To work independently and with initiative, using previous experience to enhance
and improve our café bar and service. To identify areas for improvement and implement systems to achieve greater efficiencies and customer service.
• To ensure the appearance of Front of House is maintained and presented to a high standard at all times.
• To support, maintain and develop the existing working policies and procedures, undertaking staff training where necessary to improve our high standards of customer service.
• To assist the bar & kiosk supervisors in operating strict stock controls, orders and stock takes on a regular basis, as required.
• To identify opportunities to increase revenue and grow the business in new directions. To liaise with and assist the management team in the delivery of all Highland Cinema events, and to assist the Kitchen Manager in creating and delivering special events menus as required.
• When necessary as a ‘responsible person’, to shut the building down correctly at the end of a shift, to count and secure tills and follow all security procedures.
• To be a great communicator, liaising with and informing the General Manager and wider management team of all relevant issues, working together to develop potential new opportunities.
• To be involved in the recruitment of new crew when needed, and to help induct and train new staff.
• To ensure health and hygiene is maintained to the highest order and to oversee the implementation of rigorous cleaning schedules.
• To ensure compliance with all relevant Highland Cinema safety policies and procedures.
• To undertake any such duties as may be reasonably requested and that are commensurate with the nature and level of this post.
Essential Experience and Competencies
• Demonstrable experience of working as a Front of House leader.
• Ability to manage, oversee and motivate a team.
• Attention to detail and able to self-motivate essential.
• Articulate and a good communicator.
• It is a requirement that you hold a valid personal license while in this post.
• £27,000 per annum plus discretionary bonus to be paid after one full year of service.
• Staff meal on shift, plus complimentary cinema tickets.
• Statutory holiday entitlement.
Please apply below.
Applications must be in by 5pm, Sunday 19th September. Interviews will be held the following week or as soon as possible. A starting date will be provided upon the issuing of a formal offer.