Part Time Facilities Manager, Highland Cinema & Highland Soap Co.
Sector: Engineering and Technical
Location: Fort William, Lochaber, West Highlands of Scotland
Hours of work: 2 hours a month plus occasional remote assistance
Directly reports to: General Manager / Chairman
Contact: Caroline Knox, General Manager
Highland Cinema is looking for a part time Facilities Engineer to undertake, plan, oversee and manage the mechanical and electrical maintenance tasks at two commercial properties in the Fort William area. The anticipated role would require a combined commitment of around 2-days per month onsite, with further occasional time providing telephone
and remote assistance.
The Highland Cinema is a complex two-screen, 180 seat cinema with associated café and bar. M&E systems are overseen by a Building Management System with remote access facility. Heating is by Air Source Heat Pumps with two large Air Handlers providing ventilation to all spaces. Further ancillary fans, air conditioning units and underfloor heating systems. Bottled LPG to pizza oven. Electrical systems comprise of main switchboards, centralised emergency lighting, digital dimmable lighting and full conference/stage audio-visual facilities.
The Highland Soap Factory is a simple mixed-use industrial and retail unit with 100-seat restaurant. Heating by simple fan convector units and LPG boilers. Electrical systems comprise of main switchboards, distributed emergency lighting and simple lighting controls.
Essential Experience and Competencies
• Mechanical, electrical or industrial engineer.
• Familiarity with implementing and running a Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule.
• Experience of troubleshooting and problem-solving.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of building control requirements & CDM.
• Understanding of ventilation and air conditioning equipment.
• Ability to undertake basic equipment and building maintenance (eg, change filters, replace lamps, change time-clocks etc) essential.
• Appreciation of general H&S at work; boilers & pressure vessels; lifting equipment; fire safety; electricity; water hygiene and legionella prevention; gas safety; man-safe systems; ventilation; air conditioning; lightning protection; glazing; and COSHH regulations.
• Based on experience and agreed duties and hours.
Please apply below.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.