Sector: Hospitality / Leisure
Location: Fort William, Lochaber, West Highlands of Scotland
Hours of work: 30 hours+ a week (to include some evenings and weekends)
Salary: £10 per hour plus a share of the excellent tips pool.
Directly reports to: Front of House Manager / General Manager
Contact: Caroline Knox, General Manager
Highland Cinema is looking for cheery, full-time Front of House staff to add to our existing crew. If you have experience working in a vibrant, busy bar and café / restaurant environment, a passion for customer service and the ability to shine in diverse roles, we’d like to hear from you!
Successful candidates should ideally be barista and / or bar trained, with the flexibility to work across the box office, bar and café. We offer excellent rates of pay, tips and incentives for fun, enthusiastic and hardworking people / crew.
Duties and responsibilities
• To work diligently, efficiently and cheerfully across the box office, café, bar and other areas as needed, with a willing smile!
• To provide the highest levels of customer service, and to work with the whole team to always promote the Highland Cinema as an outstanding place to visit.
• To ensure the areas you are working within are kept clean, well maintained and presented to a high agreed standard – and to be proactive in ensuring this.
• To maintain and record all health and hygiene requirements and other operational checklists accurately, and to undertake all relevant and necessary training as deemed appropriate by the Management team.
• To undertake such duties as may be reasonably requested and that are commensurate with the nature and level of this post.
Essential Experience and Competencies
• A positive experience of working in a customer facing role in hospitality.
• Able to handle diverse situations within the same shift, eg, tea and coffee service; café food service; box office tickets; popcorn; bar work; groups; etc.
• Barista and / or bar experience preferred.
• Attention to detail and able to self-motivate essential.
• Articulate and a good communicator.
• £10 per hour plus a share of the excellent tips pool.
• Staff meal on shift, plus complimentary cinema tickets.
• Statutory holiday entitlement.
Please click apply now
Applications must be in by 5pm, Sunday 19th September. Interviews will be held the following week or as soon as possible. A starting date will be provided upon the issuing of a formal offer.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.