Modern Apprentice – Trainee Procurement Officer (2) (Fixed Term)
Dumfries and Galloway
Aged 23 and over £8.91
Aged 21 – 22 - £8.36
Aged 18 – 20 - £6.56
Aged 16 – 17 - £4.62
Are you looking for a Modern Apprenticeship with on-the-job training, whilst achieving nationally recognised qualifications, within a Local Authority? Are you interested in a career working within Dumfries and Galloway Council? Do you want to pursue a career in Procurement? Then a Trainee Procurement Officer Apprenticeship with Dumfries and Galloway Council could be for you!
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Council’s Procurement Team which is leading an extensive programme of change in the way our Council procures goods, services and works, ensuring we comply with procurement regulations, generates cashable savings, delivers sustainable outcomes and supports the local economy.
As a Trainee Procurement Officer Apprentice in the Procurement Team you will be actively involved in all aspects of procurement across the Council and, in supporting your procurement colleagues.
The Trainee Procurement Officer posts provide the Council with an opportunity to continually develop our procurement people for tomorrow and provides an opportunity for suitable candidates to embark on a career, with support through formal training, to gain a professional procurement qualification whilst also gaining essential experience.
The Procurement Team lead a range of procurement activity across all departments within the Council and the responsibilities of the Trainee Procurement Officers are set out within the attached job descriptions but include developing your knowledge, skills and experience to provide a professional service, providing advice and assistance to Council Services and key stakeholders, on procurement related matters.
The successful candidates will be highly motivated, committed and effective team players; minimum person requirements are set out within the attached person specifications
Successful applicants will get the chance to work alongside professional Procurement Officers and your Apprenticeship will include the opportunity to:
- Access high quality training opportunities (including Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply)
- On the job work experience
- Gain qualifications and Continued Personal Development (CPD)
- Knowledge and Skills Development
- 1:1 support
We have 2 roles available across Dumfries and Galloway.
These posts are fixed term for one year initially.
Informal enquiries to: Stephen Atherton – 07515 760127 Stephen.Atherton@dumgal.gov.uk
Thursday 23rd September 2021 at 11:59pm
(Virtual/Telephone/Physically Distanced as required)
- These posts are being recruited using a shorter online application, therefore please ignore all reference to Health and Social Care Partnership, Social Work or Social Care on the application form.
- We may accept just one reference, and if you haven’t been in employment this can be an appropriate character reference.
- If you require assistance with applying for these posts and/or if you wish to discuss how we could support you to attend interview as above please contact the: Organisation Development Team on 030 33 33 3003 or at DGTransform@dumgal.gov.uk
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.