The Sustainable Investment Specialist, Asia Pacific is responsible for a broad range of activities, including:
- Working closely with the Distribution team and asset classes to effectively communicate our range of sustainable investments and product information to clients. Focus on educating clients as to the benefits of sustainable investment, as well as the investment process and technicalities of each fund.
- Playing an active role in the APAC Sustainability Institute, contributing to ASI’s leadership on sustainability within the APAC region
- Working with colleagues across the regional and global business to be the expert voice on ESG integration and sustainable investment products in APAC, and to contribute to internal developments.
- Playing an instrumental role in developing internal and external sustainable investment training and education, working closely with others including the product and compliance teams.
The role is client and external-facing, and will play an important part in contributing to the work of the APAC Sustainability Institute.
The successful candidate will have technical investment knowledge, with 10 years’ experience within funds management, product, distribution or similar, including at least 5 years with direct ESG experience.
The role will work closely with a number of internal and external stakeholders across APAC, in particular with on-desk ESG analysts across asset classes, as well as with the Central ESG Function in the UK and sustainability stakeholders in the Americas.
Key Outcomes and Responsibilities
This role is a new role, and the responsibilities listed below may flex and change as the role matures and evolves.
- Work closely with the Distribution team, on-desk ESG analysts and asset classes to effectively communicate technical sustainable investment and product information to clients, with a focus on educating clients as to the benefits of sustainable investment.
- Provide technical ESG input into client collateral
- Build relationships with client-facing teams across the business
- Represent ASI at external client events, and on external panels an conferences
- Support client pitches, due diligence questionnaires and RFPs
- This role will be an active member of the APAC Sustainability Institute
- Responsibilities and tasks will vary, however this role will be instrumental in working closely with the learning and development team, product and compliance teams in developing and delivering APAC-specific internal sustainability training to staff, and will play in important role in building our new client sustainability education programme.
- Work with asset class teams across APAC to become an expert voice on ESG integration and on sustainable investing projects, in particular on the investment process and product structure.
- Provide support and input into product innovation
- Work closely with colleagues in the broader Central ESG Function and colleagues across the global group and the Americas to stay abreast of global ESG developments, and to contribute to solutions across the business.
- Work with asset classes, on-desk ESG analysts and the compliance team to identify internal ESG training requirements, and work with relevant colleagues to ensure technical and product components of ESG training are up-to-date and fit-for-purpose.
Role Specific Skills and Knowledge
Education, Skills and Experience
- Around 10 years’ industry experience within funds management, research, product, distribution or similar, including at least 5 years with direct ESG experience
- Preferred education to at least at degree level, or equivalent experience
- Technical knowledge of investment process and product structuring across asset classes, in particular within equities and fixed income
- Experience across multiple markets desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change
- Ability to manage competing priorities and to have a flexible approach to changing priorities
Additional Skills / Other
- Genuine passion for sustainability
- Commercial mindset
- Ability to work the flexible hours required for the role, including interacting with global colleagues
- Strong organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Self-sufficient and a self-starter, working with a high degree of autonomy as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrate maturity, professionalism and maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, experience working with a variety of cultures
- Fast learner and willing to perform additional work and special task contribution
We’re committed to providing an inclusive workplace where all forms of difference are valued and which is free from any form of unfair or unlawful treatment. We define diversity in its broadest sense – this includes but is not limited to our diversity of educational and professional backgrounds, experience, cognitive and neurodiversity, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and ethnicity and geographical provenance. We support a culture that values meritocracy, fairness and transparency and welcomes enquiries from everyone.
If you need assistance or an adjustment due to a disability please let us know as part of your application and we will assist.