About Stagecoach North East
- Almost 62 million passenger journeys are made on Stagecoach North East buses each year
- Almost 18.5 million miles are operated annually across the North East
- 1,361 staff employed across six Stagecoach North East depots
- 432 buses across Newcastle, South Shields, Sunderland, Hartlepool and Teesside
- Our North East depot teams currently boast 99.4% reliability and 93.2% punctuality
- Renowned for exceptional Engineering standards in excellent, purpose-built facilities
Joining our team
Stagecoach North East can offer the right candidate excellent opportunities at a forward-thinking, innovative organisation.
As a valued employee, you will benefit from:
- competitive rates of pay
- a great pension scheme
- supportive management structure
- excellent working conditions
- ongoing training
- opportunities for career progression
- job security
- free travel on public transport for you and your spouse/partner
We are looking for a reliable Auto Electrician who is able to work on their own initiative and will enjoy being part of a friendly and dedicated team. The suitable candidate will be highly motivated, demonstrate a flexible approach to work and have a methodical approach to fault rectification. You will be tasked with maintaining the existing high standards and looking to make improvements wherever possible.
Duties and responsibilities
The main duties of the post are to maintain vehicles in accordance with the Company’s policy and repair specifications and working to the highest standards set by the company and DVSA.
Other duties will include the diagnosis and rectification of vehicle faults with a first time fix policy. You will also be required to recognise and report electrical and associated defects or symptoms, which are likely to affect the reliability and safety of the vehicle.
How to apply
Applicants for this post must complete their application using the online form.
Click ‘Apply Now’ below.
For more detailed information, you are also invited to contact Colin Gardener, Engineering Manager, on 0191 276 9717.
Please note: in addition to our Privacy statement, the information you submit on this website will also be shared with Interserve who manage part of the recruitment and training process on our behalf.