People. Passion. Pride. This is what has driven our teams since 1833.
Since that time, we have developed to become a critical partner in the global aviation industry, delivering time-critical logistics services at 202 locations in over 34 countries, across six continents. But at the heart of our business is our people. If you are seeking a role with opportunities to learn and develop, this could be the beginning of an exciting journey.
To ensure our ground handling is delivered safely, on time and consistently in line with the service level standards.
To consistently deliver the highest possible level of customer service at all times.
• To effectively manage an aircraft turnaround giving support where appropriate.
• Responsible for a safe, secure & correct aircraft arrival to/departure from its parking stand. This is to include the overseeing of safety of the entire operation on the ramp area, involving all staff and third party suppliers.
• Ensuring all staff members fully comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 when carrying out their duties.
• Will be trained in Airside Agent functions so can assist if requested.
• Responsible for overseeing and co-ordinating the safe unloading/loading of the aircraft.
• To comply with all airlines weight & balance documentation and load sheet regulations and to convey the loading instruction to ramp staff.
• Supervision of Ramp Agents and Customer Service Agents affecting the aircraft.
• Ensure that the fuel is loaded and agreed / confirmed with Captain & fuel provider • To ensure that security Items, Rush/Unattended bags are loaded & documented correctly
• Presentation of the load sheet with any final amendments made to the Captain.
• Compliance with baggage reconciliation and “Triple A” requirements.
• To understand and operate radio and PA equipment effectively and correctly.
• Co-ordinating & recording the safe and timely delivery of all services to the aircraft at the request of the crew or engineers. Services include Catering, Fuelling, Engineering, Cleaners,
Toilet/Water servicing, Crew Transport, Airside Agents & Ground Equipment, Care bears
(Passenger special assistance) and De-icing.
• Responsible for the safe co-ordination of the pushback/start-up procedure on departure of the aircraft, and to ensure the ramp area is checked for FOD before aircraft arrival
• Responsible for the timely sending of all movement messages (to include
• AA/ED/AD/NI/ED/PSM) to all required outstations by SITA including detailed delay analysis.
Supplying of weather/NOTAMS as required upon request to the Captain
• Agree departure time and delay code(s) where applicable with the aircraft Captain, correctly record agreed data on dispatch report card
• To provide accurate info after departure to Ops of any delay codes with times, specials, security items etc.
• Responsible for ensuring Menzies Aviation product is delivered consistently to demanding service level standards and on time performance targets
• Assisting with disruption management and communicating the status of the aircraft they are responsible for.
Safety, Security and Compliance
All employees have a responsibility and duty whilst at work to:
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their actions or omissions whilst at work.
- Co-operate with their manager / supervisor in order to allow them to perform or comply with any legal requirements imposed on the company.
- Not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided by the company in the interests of health, safety or welfare reasons.
- Inform their manager / supervisor of any work situation, equipment or activity that represents a serious or immediate danger to health and safety.
- Report any hazards, near misses, incidents, accidents or dangerous occurrences to their manager / supervisor, who will then follow the procedures contained in this manual.
- Carry out work in accordance with information and training provided and any specific workplace health and safety rules or procedures.
- Fully understand the company health and safety policy.
- Attend training courses as may be arranged by the Company.
Engage with MORSE and follow our code principles.
You can find these detailed in our Health and Safety Manual
Qualifications and Experience
- Good verbal communication.
- A full 5 year work/unemployment/education history.
- Valid Passport
- Proof of National Insurance
- Proof of address
- Full and valid UK Driving Licence
- Criminal Record Check and Airside Security Clearance
Menzies Aviation are a committed equal opportunity employer and encourage applications for suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, and maternity. We strive to create an inclusive working environment, where the different knowledge, perspectives, experiences, and approaches of our global workforce are represented. Where everyone feels valued and can reach their full potential.
Please be aware that as part of our recruitment process, we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role. Please feel free to contact to recruiter below, if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider.
As part of our recruitment process, we will always consider how candidates fit with our values which you can learn more about here.
Please click apply now. If you have any questions, you can contact Gillian Lang The closing date for submissions is 10/09/2021
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.