People. Passion. Pride. This is what has driven our teams since 1833.
You will ensure that our Gate Coordinator role is delivered safely, on time and consistently in line with service level standards set for both on time and station performance. To influence and facilitate the consistent delivery of a “World Class” product to our Airline Customers.
- Adhere to and implement the Airport Operator's policies and directives.
- Gather, input and process all data and documentation necessary for the fulfilment of the success of the operation, by manual, automated or computerised systems, including weather reporting and notams (if required), LDM, PSM, Special loads, cargo, mail, DGR, Steps, GPU, ASU, fuel, catering and crew changes
- Carry out area hazard checks. Operate all equipment including Airbridges, company vehicles, aomis systems, agnis/papa systems,radio's, telephones and computer equipment in a safe and efficient manner, if required and in accordance with the relevant training received.
- Ensure all relevant equipment and/or services are in place necessary to complete a safe and efficient turnaround and in sufficient time so as not to jeopardise turnaround and departure time.
- Approach aircraft only when it is safe to do so and in accordance with laid down procedures and relevant training received.
- Notify relevant departments of arrival of aircraft in accordance with laid down procedures and relevant training received.
- Brief colleagues on offload instructions and issue load plan when required.
- Comply at all times with DfT procedures concerning Triple ‘A' in accordance with laid down procedures and relevant training received.
- Co-ordinate safe and efficient disembarkation and boarding of passengers from/to aircraft in accordance with laid down procedures.
- You will process customers using an automated DCS or manual system ensuring full compliance with regulatory, company and airline requirements.
- Ensure cabin baggage compliance.
- Promote a professional image and deliver the highest possible customer service at all time
- Lead a team of gate staff to ensure safe on time departures for all airline customers.
- Deal with disruption and irregularities with confidence and composure.
- You will have excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with passengers.
- Obtain fuel figures and send fuel message if required.
- Liaise with flight and cabin crew in a professional manner at all times
- Ensure that safety is never compromised.
- Be able to consistently deliver the highest possible customer service at all times.
- You will work in all customer service departments including check in, departures and arrivals.
- You will have the ability to drive through policies and procedures representing the Company in a professional manner at all times.
- Ensuring that housekeeping is maintained
- Ability to operate Jetty and good working knowledge of Airside operation.
- Airside driving as required.
- Any other duties as directed by Senior Management.
Safety, Security and Compliance
All employees have a responsibility and duty whilst at work to:
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their actions or omissions whilst at work.
- Co-operate with their manager / supervisor in order to allow them to perform or comply with any legal requirements imposed on the company.
- Not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided by the company in the interests of health, safety or welfare reasons.
- Inform their manager / supervisor of any work situation, equipment or activity that represents a serious or immediate danger to health and safety.
- Report any hazards, near misses, incidents, accidents or dangerous occurrences to their manager / supervisor, who will then follow the procedures contained in this manual.
- Carry out work in accordance with information and training provided and any specific workplace health and safety rules or procedures.
- Fully understand the company health and safety policy.
- Attend training courses as may be arranged by the Company.
Engage with MORSE and follow our code principles.
You can find these detailed in our Health and Safety Manual
Qualifications and Experience
- Good verbal communication.
- A full 5 year work/unemployment/education history.
- Valid Passport
- Proof of National Insurance
- Proof of address
- Full and valid UK Driving Licence
- Criminal Record Check and Airside Security Clearance Employee Acknowledgement (if required)
Menzies Aviation are a committed equal opportunity employer and encourage applications for suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, and maternity. We strive to create an inclusive working environment, where the different knowledge, perspectives, experiences, and approaches of our global workforce are represented. Where everyone feels valued and can reach their full potential.
Please be aware that as part of our recruitment process, we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role. Please feel free to contact to recruiter below, if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider.
As part of our recruitment process, we will always consider how candidates fit with our values which you can learn more about here.
Please click apply now. If you have any questions, you can contact Gillian Lang . The closing date for submissions is 24/09/2021