Are you looking for a rewarding career that gives you flexibility and a real sense of a job well done? Working within a supportive team, improving the lives of older people could be for you.
Working for CrossReach can provide opportunities for training, personal development and career progression. Our welcoming team will support you to achieve an SVQ level 3 in Social services and Health Care and open the door to other development opportunities.
We all have something in common, that is we will all grow older. In CrossReach we want to ensure that those who need a service are surrounded by people who want to care and can help to bring a smile to someone brightening their day, improving their quality of life.
This work can be challenging as well as fulfilling. As an organisation your wellbeing is important to us. We have benefits package which includes a generous pension.
The general task required of Care Worker shall be as follows, but variance in emphasis may occur in particular establishments.
To work within a multi disciplinary team to meet the need of the service user.
- To ensure that the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of the service users are met in a manner that reflects the organisations Christian Ethos and Mission Statement.
- Assist service users with personal and intimate care in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence.
- Assist service users to access and use any aids and personal equipment that is required.
- Assist in the promotion of mental and physical activity of service users in the general day to day activities of the centre as detailed in individual care plans.
- Ensure that service users physical environment is maintained to a high standard.
- Setting tables, assisting in the preparation and service of snacks, feed clients where necessary, and washing up when appropriate.
- Maintain quality of life for the clients in the community, for as long as possible, in conjunction with other agencies and carers.
- Provide a stimulating and enjoyable atmosphere where the emphasis towards reality orientation, reminiscence therapy, social interaction and always incorporating physical activities if appropriate.
- Be responsible for reading and writing reports in line with CrossReach’s Policy and Procedures and SSSC codes of conduct.
- Participate in staff and service users meetings as required.
- Comply with all Health and Safety requirements in line with current Policies including risk assessments.
- To undertake any training deemed necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role.
- To comply with CrossReach Financial procedures.
- Have respect for all aspects of Christian worship.
- Facilitate Service Users to attend Christian worship (or worship of choice).
Ideally you will possess an SVQ 3 in Social Care. If you do not you will be expected to achieve an SVQ 3 in a specified period of time.
As we do our work in Christ’s name you must be respectful of our Christian Ethos and be able to work within it.
This post requires you to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and undertake the necessary vetting checks.
Skills and Abilities
Postholder must possess basic computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft Office and the internet.Apply for this position