Business Unit: Core Solutions & Infrastructure, Change & Delivery
In our quest to make things better, we never stop looking at how every bit of banking works. We sweat the small stuff, because we know it makes a big difference for our customers. But at the heart of this are our people – who we couldn’t do without. Our bold and brilliant colleagues who bring their A game every single day. The question is – are you ready to bring yours?
- Be an advocate for best practice to facilitate adherence to the change management policy standards, ensuring the assigned programme is adhering to methodology (including EPM) and governance.
- Ensure effective communication with all stakeholders, specifically PMO Leads, Senior PMO Analysts, Project Managers and Programme Managers regarding the delivery status of the assigned programme.
- Proactively report and challenge overall programme progress, clearly articulating and/or escalating risks and issues ensuring the appropriate actions are taken and sufficient levels of control are in place.
- Facilitate & co-ordinate efforts to complete financial month end processing within Finance timescales including quality assurance of project actuals, forecasts and funding requests to ensure programme continues within governance and budget.
- Facilitate Delegated Authority attestation for projects on P2P and maintain a watching brief on open purchase orders and ensure they are closed down in a timely fashion and any portfolio risks/opportunities are managed.
- Facilitate Programme Control Boards (PCBs), building packs and proactively manage accurate actions/decisions through to closure.
- Ensure that project deliverables/artefacts have been reviewed and signed off by Key Stakeholders in accordance to the methodology.
- Ensure the Project Manager manages a detailed project plan and documents dependencies where applicable.
- Ensure that all risks, issues, actions and dependencies of Projects and Programmes are actively managed.
- Ensure that all mandatory artefacts are collated, version controlled and stored appropriately.
- Produce quality reports/packs/presentations for the Programme to ensure accuracy and to the required timescales.
- Collate reporting for Change governance forums, ensuring high standards of accuracy and excellence to support executive reporting.
- Work in partnership with the Programmes & delivery teams, offering guidance to ensure the programmes are adhering to Change Methodology Policy Standards (CMPS) within the Governance Framework.
- PMO and/or Projects delivery exposure
- Exposure to following Business Change Governance Frameworks
- Analytical skills
- Financial control and understanding
- Strong communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to tailor information to different audiences
- RAID Management exposure
- Experience of positive Stakeholder Engagement
- Experience of reporting to deadlines and established standards
- Capabilities for problem solving, decision making, sound judgment, assertiveness
- Ability to work autonomously and with direction
- MS Office knowledge (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
RED HOT Rewards:
- A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
- Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
- Pension! A market leading pension – we’ll top up your contributions too.
- Flexible benefits – customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at email@example.com or HRUKRecruitment@cybg.com
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.