About Aggreko plc:
Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed. That’s why at Aggreko, we work ‘round the clock, making sure our customers get the electricity, heating and cooling they need, whenever they need it – all powered by our trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge. From urban development to unique commercial projects and even humanitarian emergencies, we bring our expertise and equipment to any location, from the world’s busiest cities to some of the most remote places on earth. Every project is different, so we listen first and design a system supported by our service anywhere, to any scale. Transforming the lives and livelihoods of individuals, organisations and communities across the globe.
The assembly of Aggreko products in line with the production schedule, product quality, health and safety and cost targets.
We’re Dynamic & Innovative. In this role you will
- Mechanical assembly of Aggreko Manufacturing products in accordance with work instructions and quality control documentation.
- Assembly of Diesel, Gas, HFO engine components and MC/TC equipment.
- Assembly of Fuel and Cooling system hoses, pipes and fittings.
- Assembly of fabricated components.
- Mating and torqueing of flange assemblies.
- Use of air tools, hand tools, torque tools, overhead cranes, lifting and slinging equipment and measuring equipment.
- Provide training to apprentices and pass on good learning and knowledge.
- Accountable for ensuring own safety and reporting any deviation from safety procedures. Escalating any H&S concerns to the relevant people.
- Working to the high quality standards of the business and escalating quality issues when they arise.
- Closely involved in the drive for continuous improvement on our products, taking responsibility for reducing the cost/time taken to build our products. Look for opportunities to improve the quality and effectiveness of your own work and that of the team around you.
- Work in an effective manner with the direct team members and wider Manufacturing cross-functional teams where required.
- Involvement in Continuous Improvement projects and activities.
- Maintaining work area in a safe and tidy working condition in compliance with 6S standards.
- Working strictly in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly production, H&S and quality KPIs.
We’re Experts. You will have the following experience:
- Mechanical Apprenticeship or Gradual Progression towards Apprenticeship (Formal Qualification to ONC/SVQ Level – Desired but not essential)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred with knowledge of production methods.
- Experience of assembling mechanical systems. It is essential that you can understand and interpret engineering drawings.
- Experience of working on diesel engines would be preferred, but is not essential. Experience of electrical fitting/wiring would also be a distinct advantage.
Personal skills/experience & Aggreko Desired Behaviours
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Effective team player with a positive attitude.
- Flexible and willing to take on additional responsibilities when required
- Focussed with the capacity to deal successfully with demanding production schedules
- Flexible to work extra hours when the job requires.
- A quality led approach to your work. You take pride in your work and ownership for meeting the required quality standards.
We’re the people who use our big boxes to make a massive difference. We believe in the positive impact of power and the ability to control temperature. We believe what we do opens up opportunity and creates potential for individuals, communities, industries and societies over the world. We believe when we work together we can do anything. We believe in the power of our team. We’re the people who keep the lights on. And we recruit the best talent, too.
Our four values help us get even better at what we do. It’s the Aggreko way of working – we call it Always Orange.
Always Orange means:
Being dynamic: We’re nimble and are always ready to react to an ever changing world.
Being expert: We know our stuff, we’re great under pressure and we thrive in our busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We use our experience to make a difference. We know how to challenge and we have the courage of our convictions.
Being together: We play for Team Aggreko and value the expertise of everyone around us. We’re accountable and we hold others to account.
Being innovative: We never miss an opportunity to learn, to look out, or to be better.
Aggreko is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment that allows each employee to be their best based upon their merit, talent and aspiration. We do not discriminate, and we abide by the laws in the locations in which we operate.