Job title: Strategy and Engagement Analyst
Contract Type: Full- time permanent
abrdn plc is one of the world’s largest investment companies, and we are built on a long standing culture of caring about the future and making a positive impact. Together we invest for a better future. We do it to make a difference to the lives of our clients and customers, our employees, society and our shareholders.Our strategy is to build a vibrant and value-creating purpose-led organisation, with the current and future needs of our stake holders at the heart of all we do.
Aberdeen Standard Investments (ASI) has an excellent opportunity for a Strategy and Engagement Analyst to join us on a permanent contract, based in Edinburgh. The role will develop the vision, strategy, capabilities and services required to ensure ASI has a world leading information provision solution. You will ensure that we are proactive with clear and constant communication channels with our global partners around capability evolution, change, and, most importantly, BAU delivery.
The role holder will keep us connected with our Global partners and will work with leaders across the organisation to determine their requirements and ensure these are captured and acted upon whilst maintaining focus on BAU. This will ensure that ASI develops a solution that moves us from traditional reporting to flexible, intuitive, component based information supply in whatever format, language and style the end consumers want.
- Develop positive relationships with key global partners to understand their needs, customers, clients and partners.
- Continuous evolution of the Information Provision strategy and global service. This needs to be compelling, industry leading, forward looking, results-oriented and ultimately co-created with a vast network of partners.
- Help to drive development and delivery of scalable, efficient and tailored global services that cater for the needs of all customers, clients and strategic partners.
- Remain connected with external insight to ensure that we connect with the Industry & benchmark our solution.
- Focus on controlling and improving sustained delivery and quality outputs; communication of our delivery record, improvements, and capability developments; management of the demand and control centre.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Excellent relationship management experience within a fast-paced, global, dynamic and commercial environment
- Ability to inspire change and transformation initiatives
- Passionate about innovation, digitisation and curious about industry standard methodology in the information provision space
- Experience or knowledge of client and fund reporting is a useful base
- Proven record in prioritising multiple sophisticated relationships to successful outcomes
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to connect with impact, ensuring sophisticated information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
- Ability to take a strategic view based on the future capabilities required to develop a world leading Centre of Excellence
- Build and engage others in a compelling vision with inclusivity and collaboration at the heart
- Qualified by experience
There's more to working life than coming home with a good salary. We have an environment where you can learn, get involved and be supported.
When you join us, your reward will be one of the best around, including 40 days annual leave, a 16% employer pension contribution, a discretionary performance based bonus (where applicable), private healthcare and a range of flexible benefits including gym discounts, season ticket loans and access to an employee discount site amongst many others. You can read more about our benefits here.
How we create value
Our strategic drivers are the foundations from which we deliver for all our stake holders: High Impact Intelligence, Enduring Relationships, Connections without borders and Future fit. You can find out more about our values here.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive workplace where all forms of difference are valued and which is free from any form of unfair or unlawful treatment. We define diversity in its broadest sense – this includes but is not limited to our diversity of educational and professional backgrounds, experience, cognitive and neurodiversity, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and ethnicity and geographical provenance. We support a culture that values meritocracy, fairness and transparency and welcomes enquiries from everyone.
If you need assistance or an adjustment due to a disability please let us know as part of your application and we will assist.