About Aggreko plc:
Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed. That’s why at Aggreko, we work ‘round the clock, making sure our customers get the electricity, heating and cooling they need, whenever they need it – all powered by our trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge. From urban development to unique commercial projects and even humanitarian emergencies, we bring our expertise and equipment to any location, from the world’s busiest cities to some of the most remote places on earth. Every project is different, so we listen first and design a system supported by our service anywhere, to any scale. Transforming the lives and livelihoods of individuals, organisations and communities across the globe.
Provide Mechanical engineering support to assist in the development of new and existing products and enhance the Aggreko product offering to a demanding, international customer base.
Work within cross functional teams to ensure products are designed to high standards with respect to quality, functionality, reliability, manufacture, maintenance, safety and environmental performance.
The role is to act as a team leader to the Mechanical Engineering team. The role demands that the candidate has significant track record of developing and delivering projects.
Capability includes analysis (thermal, vibration, torsional stiffness, flow, stress, noise), material and component selection, life determination, tolerance analysis.
FMEA to advanced level and technical contributor to HAZID,HAZOP studies.
The role is a team leadership role, the person needs to demonstrate technical acumen and be accountable for the standards the Engineering team work to. The role will require that person to develop and implement new processes and standards, develop KPI’s to show effectiveness and report out on a monthly basis.
The role is high profile and pivotal in the teams continued development. The skills and requirements of the team must be identified and tracked to ensure gaps are identified and filled.
We’re Dynamic & Innovative.
• Take ownership of the team and support/coach mentor and undertake 1-2-1’s. Understand the skills needed to perform roles and develop the team to perform its function efficiently and to a high standard.
• Undertake and derive work related goals and maintain development plans for the team.
• Represent the team in resource requirements and attend the capacity planning meeting where you will balance the project requirements against available Mechanical and Development resource.
• Attend the ECR meeting and understand the impacts of each ECR on the Mechanical team.
• Identify key standards that are needed for the Mechanical team to operate and support the projects. Implement the standards and be the owner for change management and maintenance.
Build a database of knowledge and ensure that team knowledge is captured and maintained for future projects
Drive standard calculation methods for systems approach to development. Maintain and drive the quality and conformity with validation data feedback into the calculation.
• Take ownership, as a professional engineer, for the provision of Mechanical Engineering support to assist the design of new and existing products to improve their performance, operating efficiency, ease of manufacture, total cost of ownership, new needs in the market, maintainability, reliability, control, packaging or environmental qualities, or to extend the product range.
• Expert user in CREO and fully conversant with CAD and 3D modelling techniques
• Agree priorities and milestones with Engineering Manager – Mechanical. Plan and drive each task/project to complete to specification and on time. Report regularly on progress and future timescale to project leaders and the Engineering Manager – Mechanical.
• Utilise specified working and reporting methods to maximise reliability and accuracy of results.
• Capability includes analysis (thermal, vibration, torsional stiffness, flow, stress, noise), material and component selection, life determination, tolerance analysis. Use of FEA and 1D Flow analysis software in conjunction with Principal Engineer CAE.
• Expert in use of FMEA/Risk analysis identification and capture to support the HAZID and HAZOP studies
• Maintain knowledge of simulation and modelling tools, software and techniques to assist in the development of our accuracy, efficiency and scope in conjunction with the Principal Engineer – CAE
• Work with Development Engineers and project leaders as part of project teams to optimise the design new products and product modifications using analysis, modelling tools and knowledge of fundamental engineering principles.
• As part of the New Product Development processes assist with reviews, project stage-gates and controlled Engineering Change and Release.
• Work with key suppliers to ensure that the best use is made of available technologies or components.
• Technical authority for cooling system calculation and sign off including pipe and power losses, cooling performance in extremes of ambient and altitude, noise and vibration.
• Establish a reputation for sound technical advice with these customers.
• Work with specialist engineers who may be brought in to advise.
• Ensures that the mechanical and structural aspects of the products are engineered and packaged to meet a variety of applications and environments, taking into account efficiency of operation, reliability, maintainability, flexibility and lifetime costs of ownership.
• Ensure that all mechanical design and development work is in keeping with sound engineering practice and with any applicable national and international standards and legislation. Maintains the standardisation of engineering design throughout the range of products.
• Supports the improvement of HSE performance via product design and operational guidance ensuring safety is given top priority. Assists the Risk Assessment process for design and field issues. Provide technical input to Global HSE team as required
• As a member of the team, contribute to the future development plans and strategy for existing products and potential new product ranges.
• Prepare and maintain full records and documentation of engineering and ensure that any work delegated elsewhere has been fully documented
We’re the people who use our big boxes to make a massive difference. We believe in the positive impact of power and the ability to control temperature. We believe what we do opens up opportunity and creates potential for individuals, communities, industries and societies over the world. We believe when we work together we can do anything. We believe in the power of our team. We’re the people who keep the lights on. And we recruit the best talent, too.
Our four values help us get even better at what we do. It’s the Aggreko way of working – we call it Always Orange.
Always Orange means:
Being dynamic: We’re nimble and are always ready to react to an ever changing world.
Being expert: We know our stuff, we’re great under pressure and we thrive in our busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We use our experience to make a difference. We know how to challenge and we have the courage of our convictions.
Being together: We play for Team Aggreko and value the expertise of everyone around us. We’re accountable and we hold others to account.
Being innovative: We never miss an opportunity to learn, to look out, or to be better.
Aggreko is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment that allows each employee to be their best based upon their merit, talent and aspiration. We do not discriminate, and we abide by the laws in the locations in which we operate.