Location: Marybank, Stornoway
Salary: £10.10 per hour, plus overtime at an enhanced rate
Why work with us?
- £150 million turnover
- 650 + employees
- We sell to over 26 countries around the world
- We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
- Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to Scotland, our industry and employees.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a challenging workplace, look no further…
Due to significant investment within the company, we are looking to recruit a Technical Trainer to support Processing Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders to ensure all employees receive appropriate training and prioritise Health and Safety at all times. They will specifically coach and mentor new starts joining the company and ensure they are trained in the safe use of equipment and/or working practices as per local Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Support the promotion of H&S standards to ensure it is an integral part of working life. Work with H&S team to promote new initiatives and ensure all employees understand the company standards and SOPs.
- Mentor, coach and ‘buddy’ new starts in processing and harvesting (when appropriate) within the business and support them throughout their training period.
- Provide on-the-job training as per SOPs and processes.
- In conjunction with management contribute to validating the competency assessment of processing and harvesting employees against SOPs by observing tasks.
- Support the production and management of new training documentation, SOPs and revise existing procedure material with input from management teams to fit the company’s needs and ensure that these are accurately validated.
- Support the delivery of induction training including workshops to ensure employees are aware of expectations and procedures and conduct regular catch up meetings.
- Provide processing support, by working on the production line as and when required and during periods when introductions and associated training is minimal.
- Work with the Training Coordinator to ensure all the training and development activities are closely aligned to company requirements.
- Evaluate and provide individual feedback on the progress of new employees to line managers.
- Support management, as required in conducting performance reviews to employees.
- Maintain a comprehensive and up to date functional and technical knowledge of the product and site processes.
- Provide data to the Training Coordinator to ensure training matrices and employee training file information is accurate, up to date and meets audit standards.
- Liaise with management teams to agree training needs for areas and meet the processing training plans.
- Strong H&S working knowledge. Qualified or willing to become qualified to at least IOSH managing safely level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand processes and procedures and conveys this effectively to employees.
- Ideally have knowledge of working in a similar environment.
- Possess a genuine enthusiasm for training and mentoring. Encourages a healthy team working environment.
- Experience in training employees against SOPs.
- Willingness to undertake Train the Trainer course
- Good training delivery skills.
In return we offer over 15 employee benefits, including:
- Competitive salary package
- Market leading pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discount scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Relocation support
- Critical Illness Cover – also for Spouse or Partner
- Occupational Health Service
- Professional Development Opportunities
How to Apply:
Please complete and fill out the Application Form on our website and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday 29th September 2021
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.