- Work closely with the production team to ensure that machinery downtime is kept to a minimum and that all preventative maintenance is conducted in advance to avoid production disruption.
- Work collaboratively within the engineering team, providing support in investigating means of improving plant productivity and also investigating and establishing causes for all breakdowns and damages.
- Action any repairs and ensure that all measures taken are recorded so recurrent faults can be recognised and you will be involved in electrical and mechanical proactive and re-active maintenance.
- Ensure that all necessary spare parts, materials and equipment are available
- Investigate and establish causes of all breakdowns and damages
- Action any necessary repairs and ensure all measures taken are recorded so recurrent faults can be recognised
- Be involved in both electrical and mechanical reactive and pro-active maintenance
- Be proactive in ensuring good health and safety on site
Here we produce high quality meat for processing at our meat and chilled manufacturing sites. There’s also a good chance that your lamb chops came from this site in Scotland.
Operating five days a week, our Turriff manufacturing facility covers 150,000 square feet on seven acres of land. At our cattle and sheep processing site, our 300+ colleagues supply beef and lamb to Farmers Boy and external businesses such as Birds Eye. We also source Scottish livestock for our Scottish stores.
- Qualifications to NVQ level 3 (or equivalent, ONC mechanical/electrical engineering, BTEC level 3 in mechanical & electrical/electronic engineering)
- A proven track record in an engineering and fault finding role gained from a FMCG environment (ideally the food industry).
- A good understanding of HACCP principles and ideally IEE qualification up to 17th edition wiring regulations would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- Assertivement with the ability to make decisions on the spot
- A can do attitude and a strong work ethic