£13.41 to £13.81 per hour Full Time Contact: Human Resources Reference: 63197
As a Skilled Butcher in the Abattoir, you will work on tasks requiring some training and experience on the deboning line to remove small bones from primals of meat, usually across one species, in order to deliver the site objectives of delivering a high quality product in a safe, efficient, hygienic and continually improving environment.
As a Skilled Butcher you would work within our Boning Hall and report directly into a Team Manager. Tasks would include:
- Using a knife or bladed machine to prepare primal for trimming
- De-boning using knife or machinery to prepare for trimming
- Follow training in food safety to ensure a high quality, food safe products are produced for our customers
- Ensuring health and safety to create a safe working environment for self and colleagues
- Training in knife safety to ensure risks of injury
- Completing tasks as efficiently as possible in order to reduce waste and downtime and maximise yields and profits
- Working as part of a team and training new members of the team as required
- Work flexibly across multiple roles and areas within the boning hall to ensure service levels are met
Why not take a look around one of our Manufacturing sites? Click here.
As well as being able to maintain a high level of concentration, you must also have:
- Previous experience in butchery (essential)
- The ability to understand detailed training
- The ability to complete tasks within defined time limits
- Knife skills are essential
- The ability to maintain a sterilised knife at all times when undertaking the role
- Food Safety Level 2 qualified is preferred (but training is given)
Please note: this is an Abattoir / Slaughterhouse environment.
In return for your hard work, you’ll get a great pension, private healthcare (applicable roles), colleague & friends and family discounts, money off at over 850 retailers with My Perks, and much more.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.