We currently have an opportunity for a Industrial Janitor to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression
- Cleaning the hot end in full complaince of job sheets
- Cleaning the cold end in full compliance of job sheet
- Working with the bosh and furnace areas
- Litter picking across the site
- Carry out hygiene tasks reguired in adherence to the hygiene rota or the area assigned
- Removal of waste paper, plastic and cans from recycling area
- Prepare any cleaning equipment used to carry out hygiene duties
- Maintain and replenish stocks of cleaning materials
- Be fully converant with the operation and care of any mechanical cleaning equipment used in conjuction with your hygiene duties
- Assist with any Ad Hoc requests
- Carry out any reasonable tasks as directed by management
- Comply with all Company and statutory regulations relating to health and safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include awareness of any specific hazards in the work place
- Work to high standards of personal performance, hygiene, appearance, cleanliness at all times
- Communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant, polite, efficient, caring and friendly service to customers
- Floor Cleaning throughout the plant (use of floor cleaning machines
- Removal of waste materials, Wet Skids, Dry waste, General waste including canteen area.
- Replenish disposables, Hand towels, Barrier cream, Moisturiser cream, Soap, Hand gel in all factoyr areas
- Report any customer complaints or compliments and take some remedial action if at all possible
- Report immediately any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate.
- Cover in other areas during periods of holidays and sickness
- Chemical Replacement
- Clean lower gel drains as per schedule
- Assist in the cleaning department during holidays and sickness
- Be responsible for the recycling of waste on site to relevant skips
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills
- Ability to adhere to all health and safety practices
- Awareness of recycling
- High levels of personal hygiene and appearance
- Possession of current clean driving licence
- The ability to work on your own
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.