We are currently recruiting for an experienced Store Assistant Manager from a fast paced retail background.
Store Assistant Manager applicants will be reliable with a professional and focused approach to store operations and people management.
The Store Assistant Manager will have excellent operational skills and a proven track record of driving measureable performance improvements using practical techniques.
Store Assistant Managers are required to successfully complete the Store Management Induction within the first 6 weeks of starting. This is a comprehensive 6 week programme which is completed via our online learning platform. This means that:
- The training is led by you
- You are supported throughout by your Store Manager and the Training Team
- Your induction is a blended approach with the majority of your learning being completed on the shop floor
On successful completion of your induction your Store Manager will continue with your ongoing development in store.
- Be an ambassador for your store, creating a welcoming atmosphere for customers
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Lead by example
- Achievement of KPIs such as sales, salaries and stock loss targets
- Take ownership for recruiting, training and managing a team of up to 60 staff
- Responsible for performance and absence management
- Ensure adherence to health and safety and security
The Ideal Candidate
- Hardworking and reliable
- Ability to lead, manage and develop others
- Experience of managing a team of more than 10
- Deal effectively with customer and staff issues
- Able to demonstrate good commercial awareness
- Possess a creative approach to merchandising
- An inquisitive mind with a good eye for detail
- A confident communicator with excellent organisational and problem solving skills and a real 'can do' attitude
- Experience of working in a retail environment is essential, preferably within a high volume, fast paced business
For applications to be considered, applicants are required to have a complete and up-to-date Home Bargains Careers Centre profile and to respond to the job application questionnaire when prompted.
Applicants that are invited to attend a face-to-face interview must present original documentation demonstrating their eligibility to work in the UK, along with other specified documents.
Please note, as we expect to receive a high volume of applications for this vacancy, you are advised to submit your fully completed application at the earliest opportunity, as the closing date may be brought forward.
- £24,219 per annum plus up to £6,000 OTE
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year including bank and public holiday allowance rising to 6.6 weeks upon 5 years' service
- Invest: Grow with Us store management training programme
- Contributable Company pension scheme
- Staff uniform
- 10% store discount
- Cycle to Work
- Access to social and sporting events
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.