Marine Operative (Casual)
Location: Portree, Skye and Mainland
Salary: £10.50 - £11 per hour, dependent on experience
If you are an ambitious and motivated person looking for your next challenge in an exciting workplace, now is the perfect time to take your next step with The Scottish Salmon Company.
Due to significant investment in the company, we are now looking to recruit a Casual Marine Operative to work as directed by the Marine Site Manager, supporting with day-to-day operations to meet the needs of the business.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Feeding and movement of feed
- Sea lice identification and reporting
- Sampling, weighing and grading of fish
- Disease and parasite control
- Site maintenance including net changing etc.
- Boat handling
- Stock movements
- Your skills will be assessed against our competency framework which has been nominated for two awards.
- The framework clearly shows what is required to move to the next level and training is provided to support your career progression.
In addition to a competitive salary, with regular reviews, we offer many other benefits including:
- Friends & family referral scheme
- Market leading pension scheme
- Cycle to work & retail discount schemes
- Employee assistance program
- Critical Illness Cover – also for your spouse or partner
- Occupational health service
- Professional development opportunities
- £150 million turnover
- 650+ employees
- We sell to over 26 countries around the world
- We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
- Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands.
Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognising our commitment to Scotland, our industry and employees.
Your Skills & Experience:
- An interest in aquaculture and fish husbandry
- Experience of working on and around boats
- Full clean driver’s license
- Ideally have experience of working in the marine industry
- Able to follow safe working practices
- Able to understand site KPI’s and support the site team
How to Apply:
Please complete and return the application form available on our website or send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.