THIS POST IS A RE-ADVERTISEMENT. (previous applicants need not re-apply)
West Dunbartonshire Council – Be the Best:
In this challenging era we aim to deliver more for our community with significantly reduced funds. This means we must strengthen our approach to managing our services and resources, performance management and partnership working and be at the forefront of driving change and a critical enabler in transforming service delivery. As part of this strategy, the Corporate Procurement Unit are recruiting a Senior Procurement Officer:
About the post:
You will develop and implement commodity and contract strategies that align with the approved Procurement Strategy and undertake strategic / high risk procurement activity including contract and supplier management, that drive and enable business transformation and that aligns with national, local and Council strategies and delivers best value for money. You will also provide instruction, guidance and support to the team of Procurement Officers.
- Commitment to quickly establishing organisational and political awareness and demonstrating political sensitivity, professional ethics, personal conduct, credibility and promoting the procurement function.
- Proven track record in a procurement role within a regulated environment with experience in developing and implementing commodity strategies and/or commissioning plans, the preparation and management of tender documentation for high value, complex and medium / high risk procurements with the ability to develop specifications; service level agreements and draft terms and conditions of contract.
- An effective decision maker who does so in a clear and incisive manner with experience of supporting the delivery of change with good project management skills and able to lead and motivate project teams, user intelligence and multi-disciplinary groups to successfully achieve agreed outcomes.
- Experience of operating in a multi stakeholder role with excellent working relationship management skills including sound communication skills with the ability to effectively influence, persuade and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Skilled and experienced negotiator with contract and supplier management experience including the application of key performance indicators to drive performance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with developed commercial skills with the ability to weigh up / evaluate risk, analyse costs structures, analyse and evaluate a broad range of data from a variety of disciplines and present it in a useable format and deliver benefits to agreed timescales within a demanding environment.
- Positive, motivated, focused and organised; resilient flexible and adaptable and delivery focused and able to manage competing priorities within challenging timescales. Committed to professional development and to supporting the development of others.
- Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply or HND level in a relevant business related discipline or equivalent work related experience.
For a conversation about the post, please contact Angus Cameron at: Angus.Cameron@westdunbarton.gov.uk.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.