Community Planning Business Manager
35 hours per week
£33,343 - £37,230 (including Distant Islands Allowance)
The Orkney Partnership is looking for a new Business Manager to support the work of the Partnership.
The post of Community Planning Business Manager is jointly funded by the five facilitating partners in the Partnership: Orkney Islands Council, NHS Orkney, Police Scotland, the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service, and Highlands and Islands Enterprise. The postholder is normally based in the Council offices at School Place but may work partly from home during periods of Covid-19 restrictions.
The Orkney Partnership's vision for Orkney's long-term future is set out in the Orkney Community Plan, which incorporates Orkney's statutory Local Outcomes Improvement Plan. A new Community Plan for 2021-23 is in preparation which focuses on supporting the recovery of Orkney’s economy, communities and individuals from the pandemic.
Specific duties and responsibilities of the role currently include:
• Communication, consultation and engagement with community planning partners and the wider community
• Management support to the Orkney Partnership Board and other groups
• Budget management
• Research and drafting of reports, correspondence, consultation responses and briefing notes
• Maintenance of the Partnership’s website and governance materials
• Performance management, monitoring and reporting
• Representing the Orkney Partnership in local and national forums
This post is subject to Basic Disclosure Scotland clearance.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in confidence, please email Anna Whelan, Strategy Manager, Orkney Islands Council on firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a call.
Closing date: Sunday 24 October 2021
Please note that interview expenses will be paid for this post in accordance with Council Policy.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.