Do you have experience of working in a busy digital environment and are looking for a new challenge? If you are innovative and enjoy working and supporting new technology projects and solutions, then you could be exactly what we are looking for!
Working for Digital Services, your role will involve support and delivery of a number of digital projects across the Council as well as helpdesk calls and business as usual activities. You will be working alongside a strong team of technical specialists in this challenging and rewarding role.
The successful applicant will be supported and developed in line with the changing demands of the organisation.
- Jobholder must be educated to Higher National Certificate (HNC) in an Information Technology related discipline or provide evidence of equivalent competency to this level with previous experience. Jobholder must have experience in support of Windows desktop technologies and working in an ICT support role.
- The jobholder is expected to keep up to date with advances in new technology and changes in practice, specifically within the Technology sector with a view to assessing the appropriateness for wider implementation across the authority.
- The jobholder must have experience of maintaining effective relationships with a wide range of organisations and individuals.
- Radix VISO MDM
- JAMF School
- Knowledge of MacOS/iOS
- Knowledge of Android OS
- Supporting Windows Operating Systems
- Group Policy
- ITIL Foundation Qualification
CLOSING DATE:- Monday 30th August 2021
Interviews will be schedule from week beginning 20th Sept 2021
Position Title: System Officer – Front Office
Position Number: New
Location: Midlothian house
Contract Status: Fixed Term to 30 July 2023
Hours of Work: 36
Working Pattern: Monday – Friday
Weeks per year: 52
Please note that it is Midlothian Councils policy that successful applicants will be appointed to the first point on the salary scale.
Based on you working 36 hours over 52 weeks per year the minimum actual salary for this position is £27,200.39 per annum.
Compliance with the mandatory Cabinet Office PSN (Public Sector Network) Code of Connection requires the Council to meet a baseline personal security standard. This requires completion of a disclosure check for all employees who can access official information. The fee for this PSN Disclosure check will be met by the council.
If you have difficulty applying for this post or accessing attached documents, or if you have a disability and reasonable adjustment is required, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to a member of the Recruitment Team stating the post reference number.
Midlothian Council is currently undergoing a period of transformation, changing and improving the way it delivers services in Midlothian. As a consequence, there are a number of existing employees for whom we are committed to seeking suitable alternative employment within the Council in accordance with our legal obligations. Candidates are advised that, for some vacancies, internal candidates in this situation will be interviewed before the wider selection pool and a slightly longer delay may be experienced before application outcomes can be advised to you. Thank you for your patience in this matter.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.