We are looking for a dynamic and innovative person to join our Outdoor ELC team, based in Vogrie Country Park.
The successful candidate will:
- have a deep understanding and experience of Early Years Pedagogy
- be up to date with current documentation and practice
- be able to deputise for manager when required
- maintain and support the ethos, vision, values and aims for Vogrie Outdoor ELC
- model features of highly effective practice
- work in ratio as required
- work with children and their families to develop a love of, and language for learning
- Organize stay & play, and family learning opportunities e.g. PEEP in conjunction with SEYP’s and Manager
Be able to support the team to:
- develop their knowledge and understanding of the learning cycle to maximize learning opportunities and enable our children to reach their potential
- use observations and responsive, intentional and backdrop planning effectively to identify significant learning and plan for appropriate next steps
- develop methods of recording in which the learning cycle is clearly evident and the children and their families have been involved
- other training as identified as required
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 17th October 2021
Position Title: Early Years Officer
Directorate: Education, Communities and Economy
Location: Vogrie Outdoor ELC
Contract Status: Permanent
Hours of Work:36
Working Pattern: Condensed Hours - 36 hours over 4 days (7.30am to 5pm)
Weeks per year: 52
Please note that it is Midlothian Councils policy that successful applicants will be appointed to the first point on the salary scale.
Based on you working 36 hours over 52 weeks per year the minimum actual salary for this position is £35,409.35 per annum.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Children under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007. Therefore, it is an offence to apply if you are barred from working with children.
Successful candidates will require PVG Scheme membership for Regulated Work with Children, You will be required to join the Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check prior to commencing employment with Midlothian Council, the cost of which will be met by you. For further information on the PVG Scheme please visit www.disclosurescotland.gov.uk
If you have difficulty applying for this post or accessing attached documents, or if you have a disability and reasonable adjustment is required, please email email@example.com to speak to a member of the Recruitment Team stating the post reference number.
Midlothian Council is currently undergoing a period of transformation, changing and improving the way it delivers services in Midlothian. As a consequence, there are a number of existing employees for whom we are committed to seeking suitable alternative employment within the Council in accordance with our legal obligations. Candidates are advised that, for some vacancies, internal candidates in this situation will be interviewed before the wider selection pool and a slightly longer delay may be experienced before application outcomes can be advised to you. Thank you for your patience in this matter.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.