We are currently searching for Buying & Merchandising Assistant to join our Buying Team. This is a brilliant opportunity. You'll be providing support to the Purchasing teams, with focus on sample management, product data management, supplier liaison, maintaining the critical path and general administration.
What you'll be doing
- Managing and maintaining the sample library. Ensuring samples are delivered and returned to suppliers on time and to critical dates for sign off deadlines, other key events (Press & Marketing).
- Ensuring new suppliers are set up on all systems accurately.
- Liaising with suppliers to resolve any issues regarding purchase orders, samples, delivery dates and other ad hoc requests.
- Inputting key product information into the range plan and inputting short codes and product attributes into back office systems.
- Creating group purchase sheets and uploading into our intranet for store use.
- Creating Dobbies barcodes for products as required.
- Resolving scanning queries received from store.
- Setting up promotions and assisting in the preparation of seasonal product catalogues.
- Providing analytical reports where required.
What you'll bring
- Ideally, previous experience of working within a similar role within a retail environment.
- Excellent organisation skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proactive to get things right, every time.
- Top notch planning, prioritisation, presentation and problem-solving skills. You'll need to be comfortable managing multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills – you will be building relationships with colleagues and stakeholders throughout the business.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
It's a super place to work
- Generous team member discount to be enjoyed in the store, restaurant and foodhall.
- Thriving culture; the Dobbies team are passionate, diverse and committed to our customer.
- 33 days annual leave.
- Stakeholder pension with shared employee and employer contribution.
- Company paid life insurance plus a bunch of flexible benefits.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.