• To support the provision of the Care at Home Service for vulnerable people.
• To aid with key tasks which maintain the independence and lifestyle of a client in their own home.
• To work to an agreed care plan with vulnerable individuals to achieve maximum independence and help them maintain control over their lives.
• To support and enable individuals to achieve agreed goals through an enablement approach.
• To carry out personal care tasks with individuals, including washing dressing, providing assistance to rise/go to bed, assist with meals/feeding, continence management and foot care.
• To manage medication, where need assessed, according to policy guidelines, including administering, recording, ordering and collecting.
• To encourage/support mobility.
• To carry out required essential domestic duties, as documented in care plan.
• To keep records as required.
• Report any changes in circumstances to Service Manager.
• Ensure all duties are carried out in a confidential manner.
• Attend or undertake mandatory and specialist training courses relevant to post.
• To work to a Rota system, this includes unsociable hours and weekend working.
• Assist with Telecare provisions, both basic and enhanced where required.
The post holder may be required to undertake any other duties appropriate to the level of the post.
- Health & Safety is an integral part of any role within the Service. As such we would expect that all employee
- To be able to carry out the duties of this post effectively and safely, candidates will be able to provide evidence of the following.
- Experience in dealing with vulnerable adults, especially older people, preferably in a caring capacity.
- Good communication skills - both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and an understanding of the need to keep accurate and up to date records.
- Ability to follow and adhere to Care Plans to meet needs of service users.
- Ability to work unsupervised and use own initiative when required.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team in a locality.
- Ability to be non- judgmental, an awareness of and commitment to anti-discriminatory practice.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.