Are you looking to use your experience in a fast moving and challenging role within our logistics department? Are you a person who is living Mowi’s values and enthusiastic to learn new processes?
- Accurate recording of all trailer movements
- Responsible for safety and security of loads/goods and vehicle within your charge
- Adhering to strict loading schedules, and notifying supervisory staff about any delays
- Responsible for daily vehicle checks and defect reporting
- Responsible for fuel drawn whilst under your control and security of fuel cards
- Ensuring the overall cleanliness of your vehicle
- Always adopt a polite and professional approach with customers
- Driving habits must always be safe and Mowi’s public image must not be adversely affected
- Assist with the training of new staff members as required
- Driving alternative vehicles if required, and other reasonable duties as requested by Management
- Reporting for duty in a clean and presentable manner as appropriate for a food manufacturing business
- Flexible approach to work patterns based on factory requirements
- Monitoring road worthiness of any sub-contractors trailers prior to loading
- Be a driving force with regard to yard health and safety. Closely monitor visiting drivers advising them of site rules
- Using own initiative in prioritising what to do next
- Ensuring that Logistics and the Factory receive equipment requirements within correct timeframe
- Carry out visual checks of all equipment prior to loading, ensuring equipment is roadworthy, clean, odour free and temperatures are set correctly
- Ensure all equipment is operational prior to loading
- Help to maintain a high standard of tidiness within the yard
Skills and Experience
- Valid C class licence, maximum 9 points, no bans within last 4 years.
- One year’s driving experience
- Knowledge of trailer temperature control systems
- Knowledge of safe loading/unloading procedures
- Accident/incident reporting
- Knowledge of Health and Safety, driver’s hours legislation, vehicle defect reporting and basic mechanical knowledge
- Knowledge of digital tachograph operation
- Knowledge of safe trailer operation, especially hitching up to and dropping off
- Ability to clearly communicate with Operations, Management and Site Security
If you fit the profile and are up for the challenge, we would love to hear from you!
To apply all you need to do is upload your CV and complete our short application form and we'll take it from there.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.