A varied and exciting role for an experienced Planning Manager who is motivated by pace, plan delivery, customer delivery and the people experience.
Ultimately the role holder is accountable for the following;
- Management and development of the planning team
- Responsibility for plan attainment of 95% across the factory and customer service levels of 99%
- Develop the capacity plan for forthcoming 3-12 months
- Work with the operations team to ensure shift patterns and labour hours are right for the business
- Measure sales forecast accuracy to ensure we drive the forward forecast for the business
- Responsibility for scheduling of raw material in ensuring technical specifications at adhered to.
- Responsibility for frozen WIP stock built to meet promotional and seasonal demand using frozen stock, internal life and ensuring no out of date product.
- Lean Six Sigma or equivalent experience working with the methodology (Desirable)
- Advanced Excel User (complex formulas, macros and conditional formatting)
- Evidence of strong leadership skills in managing people.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels, ensuring information is delivered and understood.
- Ability to drive change through positive communication, employee involvement and forward planning. (e.g. quickly create new plans for new product types)
- Ability to drive and build strong levels of employee engagement.
- Developing staff through continuous development, coaching and empowerment to create improved performance.
- Ability to deliver under pressure; and flexibility within time management to ensure business needs are met.
- Able to take the initiative and push projects forward; solutions-focused.
- Able to challenge at all levels, using appropriate manner and behaviour to encourage positive change.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Resolution of operational issues.
- Ability to build positive working relationships quickly to engender positive cross functional working
- Experience in a senior planning or Planning manager role
- Experience of making strategic planning decisions
- Experience of managing an overview of multiple plans
- Experience of making decisions at pace taking account of; risk, stakeholder points if view and customer implications at pace
- Senior planning experience in fast moving consumer goods, preferably chilled
- Experience of presenting to senior managers/lay persons (using BI tools and providing narrative)
We do expect hard work and commitment – you must perform well under pressure, deliver to deadlines and never, ever let standards slide; but in return we offer a competitive reward package, training in new skills, (including externally accredited courses) and an opportunity to progress your career in a global, well-respected organisation. We are passionate about working with our team to create a positive environment for everybody here.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be considered for the role, we want to hear from you!
To apply for a role with us, you must be eligible to work in the UK and able to travel to our site in Rosyth for work each day.
Please note, we retain the right to close this vacancy or keep it open subject to volume and quality of applications. We would therefore encourage candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.