WE NEED YOU!
As we head into winter, the message from the government is clear - we all must be as vigilant as possible and get a COVID-19 test whenever necessary. We at Sodexo are proud to be continuing our important work supporting the national response to control the virus.
Our COVID-19 Testing Sites are key to this and we are seeking additional testing support at many of our centres across the UK.
We are seeking to recruit individuals to work as part of a team of Test Operatives undertaking COVID 19 Swab testing in Inverness.
You will need to be available to work a shift pattern of 4 days on and 4 days off, working 07:30am - 20:30pm.
Sodexo reserves the right to alter the site location and close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.
The role of the Test Operative is to safely and correctly administer a throat and nasal swab test to key frontline workers who visit the test site, and supporting the overall testing process.
Test swabs will be administered up the nose or down the back of the throat; therefore, applicants need to be comfortable administering tests in this manner.
Before you apply for this vacancy, it is important you take time to watch the below video to understand what the role of a Test Operative entails.
The Ideal Candidate
We seek applicants with the following:
- Experience working with members of the public/patients
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a supportive nature
- Ability to physically stand for several hours with good mobility (for reaching into vehicles)
- Willingness to work outside
- Commitment to the work and adhere to the strict guidelines and procedures required
- Native or bilingual proficiency level English
- Experience working in a medical, clinical or health environment is desirable.
- You must be over 18 and in general good health with no symptoms of COVID-19, nor must anyone in your household.
You must not be classified, or live with anyone classified, as belonging to any of the COVID-19 high risk groups (more detail can be found on the government website):
- Must not have a long-term condition
- Must not have immune deficiencies through medical conditions or therapy
Training and full personal protective equipment will be provided.
Please note you will not be permitted to have your mobile phone on your person whilst working on site.
- Hourly rate of £9.50
- This position is offered on a casual basis.
- You must be available to work a shift pattern of 4 days on and 4 days off, working 07:30am - 20:30pm
- Please only apply for this role via
- You will be required to undertake a DBS check
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.