We are looking for a friendly, flexible & reliable auto electrician/technician who is able to work on their own initiative and will enjoy being part of a friendly and dedicated team. Working in a busy Engineering workshop, your role would include maintaining and repairing the company’s vehicles to the strict standards set by both Stagecoach and DVSA.
Your Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repairing and maintaining the Company’s fleet of 75 modern vehicles to a high standard
- Carrying out preventative maintenance
- Carrying out roadside and running repairs as necessary
- Recognise and report vehicles component defects or symptoms which are likely to affect the reliability and safety of our fleet.
Training and Qualifications:
- The use of computerised diagnostic equipment is now essential, so applicants should have a good knowledge of diagnostic systems and how to use them.
You should ideally be qualified to one of the following levels:
- PCV or HGV City and Guilds
- NVQ level 3
You should ideally hold the following license:
- Full UK driving licence
- PCV driving license (preferred but training to obtain can be given after a qualifying period)
What we offer you:
- Competitive rate of pay £12.72 p/hr
- Tool allowance
- Free bus travel for up to 3 bus passes (conditions apply)
- Company pension scheme
- Day 1 sick pay (after qualifying period)
- 34 days holiday including public holidays
- Additional yearly attendance holiday scheme
- 38 hours a week, Monday to Friday