Mowi Fish Feed is one of the newest divisions within Mowi. Having started manufacturing in June 2014 in Norway, Mowi Fish Feed quickly established itself as a competitive supplier of salmon feed playing a key role in supporting Mowi Farming Operations in its delivery of high quality, nutritious, safe and profitable salmon.
In May 2019, a second fish feed plant situated in the UK started production. Located at Kyleakin, on the Isle of Skye in Scotland, the plant manufactures a broad portfolio of conventional and organic feeds for both fresh and seawater phases of salmon growth in Scotland, Ireland, Faeroes and Norway.
Mowi Feed is seeking a highly motivated person to be a part of our outstanding Logistics team. The role covers a range of operational tasks from intake/receipt of all dry and liquid raw materials, in both bulk and bag form, from a range of vessels and vehicles right through the supply chain to the loading and despatch of finished product bags; with an array of tasks in between. The feed plant runs 24/7-365 and the successful candidate will be required to participate in a shift rota. The duties undertaken will include:
- Intake, sampling and processing of all Raw Materials in dry and liquid form, for both bulk and bag deliveries.
- Ensure materials are stored and filled correctly and in good time to ensure continuous running of production lines.
- Bag out finished product into a range of bag sizes; stack and store safely within appropriate areas of the warehouse whilst maintaining accurate records of stored volumes.
- Process, store and load all Finished Product bags to a range of vessels and vehicles in a timely and efficient way to ensure all order requirements are met.
- Create, maintain and develop a safe working environment for all, continuously improving routines and safe systems of work.
- Work together with vessels and vehicles to ensure safe operations around the site and pier through clear communication.
- Whilst there are no educational requirements for this role, fluency in English, both written and spoken, is required.
- Experience working in a busy warehouse and with both vessels and trucks would be an advantage.
- Able to demonstrate the capacity to successfully work shift routines
- Well-developed IT skills are preferred
- Experience working to health and safety guidelines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Driving licence and machinery tickets preferred. No driving licence? We can help you with the cost of lessons and training is provided on necessary machinery.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
Mowi Feed offers:
- A great place to work with colleagues who are passionate about what they do
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- Informal and diverse working environment with international contact.
- Challenging work tasks and continuous development
- There are excellent career opportunities, both locally and internationally within the company.
The place of work will be in Mowi Feed at Kyleakin.
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. We are willing to consider flexible working arrangements and are an Equal Opportunities employer. To apply for this vacancy, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
Please note, we retain the right to close this vacancy or keep it open subject to volume and quality of applications. We would therefore encourage candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.