Mowi Fish Feed is one of the newest divisions within Mowi. Having started manufacturing in June 2014 in Norway, Mowi Fish Feed quickly established itself as a competitive supplier of salmon feed playing a key role in supporting Mowi Farming Operations in its delivery of high quality, nutritious, safe and profitable salmon.
In May 2019, a second fish feed plant situated in the UK started production. Located at Kyleakin, on the Isle of Skye in Scotland, the plant manufactures a broad portfolio of conventional and organic feeds for both fresh and seawater phases of salmon growth in Scotland, Ireland, Faeroes and Norway.
Mowi Feed is seeking a highly motivated line operator to take on the exciting and challenging tasks in an expansive, dynamic and international environment. The feed plant runs 24/7-365 and the successful candidate will be required to participate in a shift rota. The duties undertaken will include:
- Production of fish feed during operational shifts; monitoring and optimising the process value chain from unloading of raw materials through to the loading of finished feed
- Support the shift leader to facilitate effective collaboration between logistics, engineering and process
- Deliver measured and timely process parameter changes to achieve products that conform fully to product specifications
- Ensure adherence to Company Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures
- Support the shift leader in delivering the role of operational commander in the event of an incident on site
- Ensure work areas are maintained to a high standard, adhering to plant hygiene policies and procedures
- Participate in LEAN / 5s activities to further develop quality and efficiency
- Participate in routine maintaining/cleaning of process equipment
- Support other operational departments when required
- Work cohesively with your colleagues to ensure best practice is shared to all in the department.
- Good level of theoretical education; can range from degree level to apprenticeship with certificates in relevant subject areas - long experience can partly compensate for a lack of formal competence
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Able to demonstrate the capacity to successfully work shift routines
- Well-developed IT skills
- Experience working with HSE systems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Driving licence. No driving licence? We can help you with the cost of lessons
- Leadership and communication skills
Mowi Feed offers:
- A great place to work with colleagues who are passionate about what they do
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- Informal and diverse working environment with international contact.
- Challenging work tasks and continuous development
- There are excellent career opportunities, both locally and internationally within the company.
The place of work will be in Mowi Feed at Kyleakin and the position reports to Production Manager.
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. We are willing to consider flexible working arrangements and are an Equal Opportunities employer. To apply for this vacancy, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
Please note, we retain the right to close this vacancy or keep it open subject to volume and quality of applications. We would therefore encourage candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.