This is an exciting time to be joining Prestige Nursing + Care, part of the Sodexo Group. At Prestige Nursing we are leading the care industry to raise standards by providing high quality, personalised and specialist services that ensure people receive the highest quality of care.
We are looking for a dynamic Trainer with solid experience that is matched to a flexible, enthusiastic, and can-do attitude to join our team. You will be assisting and supporting the Learning and Development department in ensuring that key business and compliance targets are met.
As a leading strategic focus is around compliance and sustainable growth, this is an exciting role with plenty of scope to contribute to the success of the business. We offer a supportive working environment with lots of potential for learning and development and a friendly, agile, and flexible working culture.
The role of Regional Trainer is to deliver high quality training to our core care team in line with legislative requirements, particularly the regulations in Scotland. You will also promote Prestige Care by ensuring that business objectives are met.
The success of this role will be measured by:
- Successful delivery and evaluation of training courses to our professional carers
- 100% Submission of training records to branch, L&D Department, and Central Recruitment Team
- Ensuring the candidate journey is positive and all new recruits are trained to an excellent standard
- Business KPI’s met
The role requires a pro-active response to building key relationships. An eye for detail is essential as is knowledge of the latest training techniques and developments. The role is required to cover the following branches: Angus, Cupar, Dundee, Edinburgh and Kirkcaldy and may require some travel to other branches and venues. It will also require a flexible approach to working outside of normal working hours when required.
- Delivery of the following training courses in line with the care management system (PASS) - Delivered Virtually
- Moving and Handling
- Emergency Procedures
- Administration of Medication
- Risk Assessment Training
- Evaluation of training courses delivered
- Be part of developing additional training courses to meet the business needs
- Identify trends to predict future requirements
- Maintain agreed schedules within agreed targets
- Maintain accurate records of all training and activities
- Sending a copy of the Training Register to Branch and CRT after each course
- Providing feedback to Regional and Branch Managers on course progress and member engagement
- Drive improved satisfaction levels
- Ensuring all new members are successfully engaged
- Maintain effective relationships with branch staff in resolving scheduling conflicts
- Contribute to the successful Branch retention strategy
- Prepare ad hoc reports as and when required
- Manage cover requirements for AL in advance to avoid disruption to training
- Excellent training delivery skills
- Ability to build positive relationships with Branches, CRT and the Learning and Development Team
- Work within agreed timescales
- Any other task your manager requires of you
The Ideal Candidate
- Professional in manner and appearance
- An award in education and teaching (AET) or equivalent, or relevant experience of 2 or more years in a training would be desirable
- Experience of delivering training in the care industry
- Computer literate
- A passion for managing and driving excellence
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to manage change
- An understanding of cognitive learning styles
- Symmetry between personal and organisational values
- Ability to respond to constructive feedback
- Demonstrates the behaviours associated with Prestige’s values
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Competency in all delivery models
- Maintain professional competency through CPD
What we offer in return:
- A competitive salary
- 28 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays) increasing every year by 1 to the maximum of 33 days over 5 years' service
- An additional day off for your Birthday
- Cycle to Work scheme for our Head Office, Regional and Branch staff
- Long Service Awards
- Work Place Pension
- Employee assistance programme (EAP) - confidential phone line and online support and resources available to you and your loved ones 24/7
- Supportive working environment with ongoing learning and development opportunities.
- A friendly, agile and flexible working culture.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (); employee engagement and recognition services () and through Prestige Nursing & Care and the Good Care Group.
is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.