Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
There are two things that we want to share with anyone considering joining us.
Firstly, we’ve got big ambitions for our colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include our vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our workforce to fully represent the communities and customers we serve, because a diverse business is a better business. We value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When we say you’re welcome at Openreach, we really mean it.
Secondly, the one thing the pandemic has taught us is that a lot of current and future colleagues, where and when possible, want to embrace hybrid working. Therefore, we are introducing smart working at Openreach. Smart working means having the flexibility to choose, as a team, how and where you work depending on your team’s deliverables and needs; when you are at your shared core location to connect with others and when not. It may not be for every role, and, as part of the recruitment process, you’ll have the chance to discuss smart working and how it might work for the job you are applying for.
About this role
This role is critical to delivering our Fibre First Programme ambition meaning the successful candidate will have great exposure to senior leaders within our business. The role will have the opportunity to work across internal and external stakeholders to ensure that complex new innovations and tools are introduced seamlessly into the business and into the Openreach Supply Chain.
This role will work collaboratively across multiple business units, including Chief Engineers, Service Delivery, Fibre Network Delivery, Procurement, Finance, CTIO, our BT Supply Chain Partners and our equipment suppliers to find solutions that revolutionize the way we deliver, hold and allocate stock to engineers and contractors.
This role will also play a key part in driving and tracking an increase in sustainability within the Supply Chain, working with suppliers to remove unnecessary single use plastic packaging and introducing other initiatives, whilst maintaining quality and H&S standards.
You'll have the following responsibilities
• Build successful strategic and engaging relationships with our Chief engineers, key suppliers and Openreach teams to ensure that new innovations and tools are introduced seamlessly into our Supply chain, ensuring that we are able to deliver these outwards through our store’s models to our operational colleagues.
• Ensure that new products and innovations are impact assessed and have a sustainable BAU supply chain model, looking to achieve cost/resource savings whilst maintaining stock continuity to achieve Openreach milestones.
• Interpreting financial and other data to provide recommendations and gain Senior sign off for budgetary spend.
• Make decisions to deliver a supply chain solution considering flexibility, accessibility, existing stock and product life cycles.
• Complete transition planning of new items ensuring stock continuity, whilst looking to drive reductions in the stores portfolios reducing obsolete stock.
• Working with procurement to assess cost saving initiatives driven by procurement.
• Manage/support a number of Supply Chain initiatives including Obsolete stock management, product rationalization and Environmental / Waste sustainability.
• Providing Project Management wrap to govern the product introduction process, capturing, reporting and mitigating risks and issues as required, escalating where appropriate; executive reporting on status of innovations.
You'll have the following skills & experience
• Demonstrate proven product and project management experience
• An ability to manage multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organisation across a virtual team and projects, working to tight deadlines
• A positive attitude combined with excellent interpersonal skills
• Strategic thinker with proven experience of driving concepts to deliver longer term vision
As well as offering a competitive base salary, you’ll also have a rewarding bonus scheme, access to equity schemes and an attractive pension offer.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. Diversity makes sense for us, our customers and our ambitions. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed.
Openreach Limited runs the nation’s digital network. We play a key role in British society, helping homes, schools, hospitals, broadcasters, government, businesses and more connect to the world.
We're a wholly owned subsidiary of BT Group, and our customers are the 640+ communications providers who sell phone, broadband and Ethernet services to homes and businesses. And we’re on a mission - to make the country’s digital network services faster, better and more affordable.
Our people are experienced, resourceful and innovative, working on vital projects that help support the nation at work, in learning, on the move, at rest, at play, in emergencies and much more.
So if you’d like to be a part of an exciting organisation that’s making a real difference, why not join us today? You can read more here about working at Openreach.
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.