Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for.
Location: Hazlehead School
Duration: Full Time/ Fixed Term till 01/03/2022 (Maternity Cover)
To work as an effective member of the nursery team, to deliver a flexible, high quality early learning and childcare service in order to meet the individual needs of children and their families ensuring their wellbeing and improving the outcomes for children and their families.
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
- HNC Early Education and Childcare /S/NVQ Level 3 Children’s Care and Development NNEB or equivalent
- Registration with or eligibility to register with SSSC
- PVG Membership for Regulated work with Children and/or Protected Adults or willingness to obtain prior to a formal offer of employment being made.
The post holder is expected to demonstrate:
- Ability to relate to children, parents, carers and other professional colleagues.
- Ability to assess children’s development and to plan to extend their learning in a way that motivates children.
- Ability to communicate effectively. This will include non verbal, verbal and written forms of communication.
- A good observer and listener.
See job profile for further details.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs