*Please note we will welcome and accept applications from individuals for both this position (SLA08298 Team Leader (Planning) 17.5 hours) and also (SLA08303 Advanced Planning Officer 17.5 hours)*
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of the Planning Service of South Lanarkshire Council, based within one of the busy Development Management teams located in Montrose House, Hamilton.
As Planning Team Leader within the team, you will be responsible alongside the full time Team Leader to direct and advise and delegate to a team with a variety of experience. You will be expected to ensure and supervise the efficient, accurate and timeous processing of a range of planning applications (both Committee and delegated applications) some of which will be sensitive and/or challenging. You will also be expected to deputise for the Manager as required.
As a Team Leader of the Development Management team, you will report to the Planning and Building Standards Manager and be expected to provide dedicated and expert planning advice to Local Members, the general public and agents as required. Experience of working in a planning and development role and experience of multi – agency working across large and complex organisations is essential for this post.
Please Apply online
All correspondence will be via your email address registered with myjobscotland.
Foreign Police Check
Candidates should be able to detail any gaps in employment and provide a foreign police check where applicable for any periods living or working abroad.
Equal Opportunities and Armed Forces Community Covenant
South Lanarkshire Council is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum competency/behaviour requirements for the position.
South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview who meet the minimum requirements for the position.
Team Leader (Planning)
- Co-ordinating the delivery of the planning services within an Area Office.
- Processing planning, advertisement, listed building, mineral, waste disposal and other statutory applications and issuing decision notices on behalf of the Council; leading, preparing and presenting the Council’s case at Appeals, Hearings, Tribunals and Public Inquiries.
- Researching, preparing, monitoring and review of Local Development Plans; data collection and analysis, management and implementation of capital projects, co-ordination and management of local area, town and village projects; providing support to HQ Team in any input into the Clydeplan Strategic Development Plans and other strategic planning matters.
- Assisting in the co-ordination, preparation and presentation of reports to Area, Planning and Enterprise Resources Committees and, where appropriate, to other Resource Committees.
- Working with the Executive Director, Head of Planning and Economic Development and Area Manager to achieve effective performance through work and performance monitoring/assessment, setting performance targets and conducting regular Employee Development interviews. To meet regularly with the Area Manager to review work progress and performance standards and targets and to appraise the Area Manager of current issues
As an employee of South Lanarkshire Council you would also receive a wide range of benefits including:
- Enrolment in award winning local government pension scheme
- Up to 32 days annual leave which will be calculated into hours on commencement of the role
- Public holiday entitlement (up to 10 days)
- Occupational sick pay
- Family friendly policies - flexible working and leave, maternity/paternity leave, enhanced leave.
- Employee Discounts – including discounts at the cinema.
- Range of benefits to support you (Cycle to Work Scheme, Physiotherapy, Employee Assistance Program which offers practical and emotional support)
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.