The Electrical Engineer is responsible to the Senior Technical Engineer and is part of a multi disciplinary team of maintenance personnel within Marine and Air Operations. The Electrical Engineer is responsible for undertaking a range of maintenance on all ferries and terminals operated by Ferry Services. The main areas of work include overhaul and maintenance of plant whilst vessels are out of service, in annual refit or whilst in temporary lay up. In carrying out this role all members of the team must be fully aware of all operational requirements, restrictions, regulations and the Council’s approved Safety Management System (SMS). The post holder is required to be on call for periods of time.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is H
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,265 per annum (pro rata)
- Permanent Full Time post for 37.0 Hours per Week , 52.18 weeks per year
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- You must have the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of one persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at The Port Administration Building, Sella Ness, Shetland
For further details relating to this post, please contact: David Henderson or Michael Slater - Engineering Superintendents - 01595 744235/233 - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.