Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
There are two things that we want to share with anyone considering joining us.
Firstly, we’ve got big ambitions for our colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include our vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our workforce to fully represent the communities and customers we serve, because a diverse business is a better business. We value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When we say you’re welcome at Openreach, we really mean it.
Secondly, the one thing the pandemic has taught us is that a lot of current and future colleagues, where and when possible, want to embrace hybrid working. Therefore, we are introducing smart working at Openreach. Smart working means having the flexibility to choose, as a team, how and where you work depending on your team’s deliverables and needs; when you are at your shared core location to connect with others and when not. It may not be for every role, and, as part of the recruitment process, you’ll have the chance to discuss smart working and how it might work for the job you are applying for.
About this role
Tens of millions of customers in our homes, hospitals, schools and businesses large and small rely on Openreach’s products. You will be the senior leader of a team making sure our world class copper diagnostics deliver our products first time and network issues get fixed quickly.
You'll have the following responsibilities
• Lead your team of project managers, engineers and subject matter experts to deliver Openreach’s test and diagnostics strategy and improvement plans.
• Introducing new technology and solutions to field engineering teams.
• Making sure our line test systems spanning 5,500 exchanges perform to the highest levels of performance and accuracy.
• Setting up and managing high value support and maintenance contracts.
• Simplifying technical themes to senior stakeholders both internal and external to Openreach.
You'll have the following skills & experience
• Leading and developing large teams (10 direst reports, plus large indirect matrix teams)
• A passion for embracing new technology or learning how things work.
• Challenging others to deliver the right outcomes for a business and its customers.
• Delivering disruptive change in large organisations.
• Making strong cases for investment amongst competing priorities.
• Collaborating with customers and suppliers to meet demanding levels of service.
• Ideally have a relevant professional registration or working towards professional registration e.g., CEng, IEng, CMgr.
As well as offering a competitive base salary, you’ll also have a rewarding bonus scheme, access to equity schemes and an attractive pension offer.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. Diversity makes sense for us, our customers and our ambitions. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Openreach Limited runs the nation’s digital network. We play a key role in British society, helping homes, schools, hospitals, broadcasters, government, businesses and more connect to the world.
We're a wholly owned subsidiary of BT Group, and our customers are the 640+ communications providers who sell phone, broadband and Ethernet services to homes and businesses. And we’re on a mission - to make the country’s digital network services faster, better and more affordable.
Our people are experienced, resourceful and innovative, working on vital projects that help support the nation at work, in learning, on the move, at rest, at play, in emergencies and much more.
So if you’d like to be a part of an exciting organisation that’s making a real difference, why not join us today? You can read more here about working at Openreach.
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.